Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Previously synced local files randomly unsynced

Previously synced local files randomly unsynced

My Info: Fully updated Galaxy S8+, Premium Account, located in USA

Hello everyone, my question/problem is that about a week ago I noticed that my local files that I had previously synced about 3 or 4 months ago from my laptop to my phone had unsynced from my phone for no discernible reason. I was scrolling through my main playlist all of the titles of my local files had been greyed/blacked out. I was able to fix this problem by re-syncing all of my local files, but doing this is going to become a pain if I have to go through this process every couple of months. I was wondering if anyone knows of a quick fix, and also hoping for an explanation of why this happened.

Thanks for your help, Spotify User GJ.

2 Replies

Hey @gjlafary, welcome to the Community!

Good to know you were able to get it sorted. This can happen for a number of reasons, but it's most likely an issue with the path where your local files are stored.

If it happens again, try a clean reinstall. Then, add your local files again to see if the issue persists.

Hope that helps.

Hey @gjlafary, welcome to the Community!

Good to know you were able to get it sorted. This can happen for a number of reasons, but it's most likely an issue with the path where your local files are stored.

If it happens again, try a clean reinstall. Then, add your local files again to see if the issue persists.

Hope that helps.

Suggested posts