Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem logging in to Android app - PC browser access to account is fine

Solved!

Problem logging in to Android app - PC browser access to account is fine

So I try to log in to the app in my Android phone and it keeps complaining that the ID or password are invalid. They work perfectly for me to access my account on spotify.com.

Then Spotify has to customer care number! I'm a premium customer (for now), please help me fix this problem.

Let's skip the easy ones: Yes, I double checked the password, it's right, I even changed it a couple of times to no avail (it still worked on the browser); yes, the user ID is right, checked that too; No, my keyboard app didn't add a whitespace or weird character and works perfectly, I never had a log in problem to other apps that was related to my keyboard.

Thanks!

P.S.: Please create a customer care phone number or better yet, a live chat. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Never mind.... the website requires you to login with your E-MAIL. The app, however, expects the USERNAME. I was trying to login to the app with my e-mail. So silly silly. Make this consistent, please, Spotify. Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Never mind.... the website requires you to login with your E-MAIL. The app, however, expects the USERNAME. I was trying to login to the app with my e-mail. So silly silly. Make this consistent, please, Spotify. Thanks.

i have the same question. though the login interface says i can login with my email, i cant do it with my email! i've read the another reply, then i tried my username. oh, come on, it works! Spotify, making it consistent is really hard for you???

I've the same problem, but also by using my username it doesn't work!

Could someone help me, please?

Suggested posts