Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music not appearing in search

Why is my music not showing in my searches. For example I got a whole album from future downloaded on my device but when I search for a track from the album it does not show up.

• Casual Listener
  • Why is my music not showing in my searches. For example I got a whole album from future downloaded on my device but when I search for a track from the album it does not show up.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

ALexa and premade playlists

I was wondering how I can just play similar artists to a band I already like. “Alexa play Leon bridges” just plays Leon bridges. Something like “play artists similar toleon bridges”, but that doesn’t work. I’ve tried to say “play [insert known playli...

• Regular
  • I was wondering how I can just play similar artists to a band I already like. “Alexa play Leon bridges” just plays Leon bridges. Something like “play artists similar to leon bridges”, but that doesn...
  • Vinlo1
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify pausing

I have a Samsung galaxy s8 and recently when I listen to Spotify with earphones it randomly pauses. I have tried the sign out of everywhere else option but it doesn't help. When I'm using blue tooth or using my laptop to play music it never pauses. O...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Samsung galaxy s8 and recently when I listen to Spotify with earphones it randomly pauses. I have tried the sign out of everywhere else option but it doesn't help. When I'm using blue tooth ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback Error with Offline Mode (Spotify Premium)

Howdy! Imma premium user of Spotify who loved to save my favorite songs into 'Your Music' library, rather than save them into a playlist, and using WiFi connection. When I turned off the connection (both data usage and WiFi, or just switch the app in...

• Casual Listener
  • Howdy! Imma premium user of Spotify who loved to save my favorite songs into 'Your Music' library, rather than save them into a playlist, and using WiFi connection.   When I turned off the con...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • playback
    Premium
    Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify skipping songs

Hi, Since last December 2017, I have been experiencing something incredibly weird with Spotify. Some songs like BB King's Riding with the King, John Mayer's stop this train, Eric Clapton's Magnolia.. keep skipping after the intro.. this problem only ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Since last December 2017, I have been experiencing something incredibly weird with Spotify. Some songs like BB King's Riding with the King, John Mayer's stop this train, Eric Clapton's M...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcast "Fest und Flauschig" nicht verfügbar

Hallo, wie ich feststellen musste ist der Podcast "Fest und Flauschig" weder über die Spotify-Software selbst, noch über den Webplayer abspielbar. Es wurde darauf hingewiesen, dass er zumindest über die Android-App verfügbar wäre. Trotz dieses Hinwei...

• Hallo,   wie ich feststellen musste ist der Podcast "Fest und Flauschig" weder über die Spotify-Software selbst, noch über den Webplayer abspielbar. Es wurde darauf hingewiesen, dass er zumind...
  • chr0max
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Download playlist stuck in endless loop

I'm trying to download a playlist to my Android phone of around 1000 songs that has previously downloaded fine. But as Spotify downloads it, the notification showing the number of songs downloaded starts increasing both song counts. So it will start ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to download a playlist to my Android phone of around 1000 songs that has previously downloaded fine.  But as Spotify downloads it, the notification showing the number of songs downloa...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

casting from android to HiFi

Hi guys , Happy new year !Got the following problem:I want to cast from Android phone (Samasung A6) to my TEAC CR-H 700-no bluetooth -compatible airplay-Network media system options:-use airplay "transform" app like allconnect Any experience, kinda b...

• Hi guys , Happy new year ! Got the following problem: I want to cast from Android phone (Samasung A6) to my TEAC CR-H 700 -no bluetooth  -compatible airplay -Network media system &nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes as soon as I open it

When im connected to the internet with wifi or mobile the app just crashes after 1 or 2 seconds. When im not connected to the internet it opens normaly. Tried turning off my phone an re installed the app my phone is also up to date with its uppdates....

• When im connected to the internet with wifi or mobile the app just crashes after 1 or 2 seconds. When im not connected to the internet it opens normaly. Tried turning off my phone an re installed the...
  • Izzle
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

5GB background usage in 1 night

This morning I woke up with a message from my provider stating that I used up my daily 5GB. I checked which app used it and it was Spotify - see screenshot. After activating another GB I got an SMS stating that I had only 500MB left after 1 hour. Wit...

• Regular
  • This morning I woke up with a message from my provider stating that I used up my daily 5GB. I checked which app used it and it was Spotify - see screenshot. After activating another GB I got an SMS s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • background
    bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline and Playlists

I can follow the different playlists on Spotify.I think they also update from time to time, because there is always a date?Until now, I have mostly included playlists directly from Spotify.I have downloaded some playlists to listen to the offline ver...

• Visitor
  • I can follow the different playlists on Spotify. I think they also update from time to time, because there is always a date? Until now, I have mostly included playlists directly from Spotify. I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Se detiene solo spotify

No se que ocurre que se detiene solo spotify premium cuando estoy escuchando musica. Tengo un huawei P9 Lite. Ya desinstale la app, vi el tema del segundo plano, vi los permisos. ¿Que mas puedo hacer? Nada resulta

• No se que ocurre que se detiene solo spotify premium cuando estoy escuchando musica. Tengo un huawei P9 Lite. Ya desinstale la app, vi el tema del segundo plano, vi los permisos. ¿Que mas puedo hacer...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

UI/Skipping song

It seems like for ages when you swipe on the album cover, it's a 50/50 chance of it actually skipping the song. The graphic for the next album cover is shown but the same song remains playing and you have to physically click the skip button. My frien...

• Regular
  • It seems like for ages when you swipe on the album cover, it's a 50/50 chance of it actually skipping the song. The graphic for the next album cover is shown but the same song remains playing and you...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume too low

On android and yes I've checked the setting and yes I've got the latest update. Volume with my headphones is dramatically lower than it was just a few weeks or months ago.

• On android and yes I've checked the setting and yes I've got the latest update. Volume with my headphones is dramatically lower than it was just a few weeks or months ago.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App keeps closing on Android car stereo.

Hi Guys, I recently bought an android car stereo by xtrons now the unit keeps closing Spotify when waze app or google maps app is running. The spotify waze integration is on. I have tried uninstalling the apps but it still keeps happening... I have a...

• Hi Guys,   I recently bought an android car stereo by xtrons now the unit keeps closing Spotify when waze app or google maps app is running.   The spotify waze integration is on. &nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"downloading" and "waiting...." at the same time

Android galaxy s7; premium memberpreparing for a road tripI have a playlist I want to downloadI'm in the playlist and moved the switch to DOWNLOADThe display says 'Downloading" and below it "waiting to download"I have a strong wifi signalI've turned ...

• Regular
  • Android galaxy s7;  premium member preparing for a road trip I have a playlist I want to download I'm in the playlist and moved the switch to DOWNLOAD The display says 'Downloading" and belo...
  • newmarket2
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't seem to access the music library on Android

Alright, so here goes:On my Galaxy J5, I have recently performed a new installation of the Viper OS (Android 7.1). Prior to this, everything was working just fine on the same OS. After reinstalling, I am able to log in and see my Daily mixes, all oth...

• Alright, so here goes: On my Galaxy J5, I have recently performed a new installation of the Viper OS (Android 7.1). Prior to this, everything was working just fine on the same OS. After reinstalling...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant pay

Spotify rejects my credit card.l can't pay.

• Spotify rejects my credit card.l can't pay.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about Data use

When you are on your phone, online... And you play a song that you have downloaded... is it streaming/using data, or is it playing the downloaded track??? Wondering if I can stay online, while listening to downloaded music WITHOUT using data?

• Regular
  • When you are on your phone, online... And you play a song that you have downloaded... is it streaming/using data, or is it playing the downloaded track??? Wondering if I can stay online, while listen...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to make all songs available offline?

Let me start off by saying I really like the new update. It works amazing on the PC and android but I do not know how to make all songs under "My Music" availible offline. It seems a bit silly that I would have to put the saved song in a playlist jus...

• Regular
  • Let me start off by saying I really like the new update. It works amazing on the PC and android but I do not know how to make all songs under "My Music" availible offline. It seems a bit silly that I...
  • mikhaelroda
  • Casual Listener
  • 40 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 40 replies
  • 1 likes