Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently played playlist does not appear...

Suddenly, after starting a playlist already saved, my list of recently played items did not update. What can I do? No items I'm playing appear in the list

• Music Fan
  • Suddenly, after starting a playlist already saved, my list of recently played items did not update. What can I do? No items I'm playing appear in the list
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs not playing offline when downloaded

Uninstalled and redownloaded spotify so I can save my songs to my new sd card, everything downloaded via WiFi, (under 2k songs) when I clicked available offline in the songs menu still on the WiFi. when I was at work I was listening to my music an it...

• Casual Listener
  • Uninstalled and redownloaded spotify so I can save my songs to my new sd card, everything downloaded via WiFi, (under 2k songs) when I clicked available offline in the songs menu still on the WiFi. ...
  • sallyhone
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium: se cerco musica online mi dice "nessun risultato trovato"

Sulla mia auto utilizzo sistema Parrot con Android e fino a 15 giorni fa andava tutto bene. Ora invece non funziona piu la ricerca dei brani, mi dice sempre che non trova nessun risultato eppure Internet funziona perfettamente. Posso sapere perche? O...

•   Sulla mia auto utilizzo sistema Parrot con Android e fino a 15 giorni fa andava tutto bene. Ora invece non funziona piu la ricerca dei brani, mi dice sempre che non trova nessun risultato epp...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Bmw and android metadata

Hello guys,I have read various discussions about the metadata problem between android and bmw but I have not found a solution, can someone help me?I have a 2012 f30 with a professional navigator and an s8 but I do not see information about the songs....

• Hello guys, I have read various discussions about the metadata problem between android and bmw but I have not found a solution, can someone help me? I have a 2012 f30 with a professional navigator ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues with connect and google cast and Doze

When you connect to any casting device (google home, mini, etc) and you set the phone down for a couple of minutes, the casting connection breaks causing the cast device to disappear from the connect list and lose control of playback from the phone. ...

• Casual Listener
  • When you connect to any casting device (google home, mini, etc) and you set the phone down for a couple of minutes, the casting connection breaks causing the cast device to disappear from the connect...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify premium very slow and even offline music skips

Hi, I've been a spotify premium user for several years. I reguarly listen to music on my android phone (currently a samsung A3), both streaming and playing downloaded tracks offline. I've never had many problems for for the past couple of weeks its b...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I've been a spotify premium user for several years. I reguarly listen to music on my android phone (currently a samsung A3), both streaming and playing downloaded tracks offline.  ...
  • jameslikesmusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't download music but I have ~30 GB available.

Hello, I'm using an LG Aristo (LGMS210) running Android 7.0 with Spotify 8.4.32.623 armV7. When I try to save an album to my device, I get the error message I've attached below stating that I don't have enough space. I have Spotify set to store my mu...

• Hello,   I'm using an LG Aristo (LGMS210) running Android 7.0 with Spotify 8.4.32.623 armV7.  When I try to save an album to my device, I get the error message I've attached below statin...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Connecting to my Spotify without Wifi

Hello Guys, I have spotify set up on my TV using it's own seperate wifi (5Ghz) I have a roomate who is on a DIFFERENT wifi (5Ghz). Why is he able to connect to my wifi? The wifis are completely different minus being on the same band. Does being on th...

• Hello Guys,   I have spotify set up on my TV using it's own seperate wifi (5Ghz)   I have a roomate who is on a DIFFERENT wifi (5Ghz). Why is he able to connect to my wifi? The wifis ar...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Any way to import local files from my phone ?

I have my own music that I want to add to the playlists on spotify so that I can mix them all together and play but I can't. Well I have same music on my PC too and imported into spotify but on mobile phone in offline mode doesn't work unless I downl...

• I have my own music that I want to add to the playlists on spotify so that I can mix them all together and play but I can't. Well I have same music on my PC too and imported into spotify but on mobil...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! search doesnt always find songs

this isnt the only song search did not return in results (see 1st attachment) I had to look up the artist then album to find the track that exists (2nd attachment) Is Spotify search known to be unreliable? ive never had this issue on Pandora.

• Music Fan
  • this isnt the only song search did not return in results (see 1st attachment)   I had to look up the artist then album to find the track that exists (2nd attachment)   Is Spotify search...
  • udance4ever
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Pause/Play using car controls

I have a 2016 Nissan Maxima, a Samsung Galaxy S8 and Spotify Premium. When I connect the phone to the car via Bluetooth and use Spotify, the Play/Pause button on my car does not work. Other controls (Back, next, Random, Repeat) work as they should. T...

• I have a 2016 Nissan Maxima, a Samsung Galaxy S8 and Spotify Premium.   When I connect the phone to the car via Bluetooth and use Spotify, the Play/Pause button on my car does not work.  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Filter option disappeared.

Since a few days, the option of filtering in my albums, artists, or playlists disappeared. I was an heavy user of that option, since I've got a limited data plan : i use to download few albums or playlists to hear on move (usually between work and ho...

• Casual Listener
  • Since a few days, the option of filtering in my albums, artists, or playlists disappeared. I was an heavy user of that option, since I've got a limited data plan : i use to download few albums or pla...
  • litlijon
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

What happend December 25 ?

On December 25 al my plalist disaperad and my Android app stopped working.Crashes all the time, have reset the phone and tried everything. Huawei mate 10 Pro

• Casual Listener
  • On December 25 al my plalist disaperad and my Android app stopped working. Crashes all the time, have reset the phone and tried everything.   Huawei mate 10 Pro    
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify first start up.

When I first started spotify there where options. To choose different bands. When you pressed on one band other bands in the similar genra would show up. How do I get back to that? I thought that was a really cool feature.

• When I first started spotify there where options. To choose different bands. When you pressed on one band other bands in the similar genra would show up. How do I get back to that? I thought that was...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Two accounts listening to the same playlist and queue at the same time

Hello! Is it possible to sync two or more accounts to the same playlist and queue? So that you can listen to the same music at the same time, but with your own headphones. So that you don't disturb the surrounding people. Kind regards,Marhim

• Hello!   Is it possible to sync two or more accounts to the same playlist and queue? So that you can listen to the same music at the same time, but with your own headphones. So that you don't ...
  • stormy2211
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Android Auto: Spotify Doesn't Seem to be Working Right Now

I cannot use my Spotify in my car anymore. Iam sure there is a problem with Android Auto due to I checked whether there is the same problem with iOS, but Spotify worked perfectly.How can I fix this trouble? It is so annoying because I just bought my ...

• I cannot use my Spotify in my car anymore.  Iam sure there is a problem with Android Auto due to I checked whether there is the same problem with iOS, but Spotify worked perfectly. How can I f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music

Hello, hello guys. I have a question. Where is the music that I download on my phone? I ask this because I have the premium version, and I can download the music, at least that's what I said. But when I go to the store on my phone, nothing appears. T...

• Hello, hello guys. I have a question. Where is the music that I download on my phone? I ask this because I have the premium version, and I can download the music, at least that's what I said. But whe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing from iOS to Android

Hey everyone! I have recently changed from the iPhone 6 to the Google Pixel 2. There are some spotify features that are not on my android, such as swiping sideways to save and swiping down to "minimize" the album cover. If anyone knows how to enable ...

• Hey everyone! I have recently changed from the iPhone 6 to the Google Pixel 2. There are some spotify features that are not on my android, such as swiping sideways to save and swiping down to "minimi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music not appearing in search

Why is my music not showing in my searches. For example I got a whole album from future downloaded on my device but when I search for a track from the album it does not show up.

• Casual Listener
  • Why is my music not showing in my searches. For example I got a whole album from future downloaded on my device but when I search for a track from the album it does not show up.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

ALexa and premade playlists

I was wondering how I can just play similar artists to a band I already like. “Alexa play Leon bridges” just plays Leon bridges. Something like “play artists similar toleon bridges”, but that doesn’t work. I’ve tried to say “play [insert known playli...

• Regular
  • I was wondering how I can just play similar artists to a band I already like. “Alexa play Leon bridges” just plays Leon bridges. Something like “play artists similar to leon bridges”, but that doesn...
  • Vinlo1
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes