Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with French operator Free mobile

Solved!

Problem with French operator Free mobile

Hello

I've got a problem with spotify android app on Free Mobile.

This new french operator use roaming with another french operator (orange)

The problem is spotify always ask to move to offline mode because of roaming.

Can you add a option to next version to having choise to disable the advertisement and stay online with a roaming.

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

On the phone, it's android 2.1

Sony will not release 4.0 for this model.

if I disable roaming entirely, I will lose 3G connect from my operator, so this is not a soluce

thanks.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

If you use IceCream Sandwich, you can disable roaming entirely, you should be able to connect data anyway. I don't have any roaming warnings.

Marked as solution

On the phone, it's android 2.1

Sony will not release 4.0 for this model.

if I disable roaming entirely, I will lose 3G connect from my operator, so this is not a soluce

thanks.

So it's another problem to add to the long list of the android client problems...

For me, it's not really a problem

I 'm just want to spotify to add a option to disable the roaming warning

Hi,

It worst for me on Windows Phone, Spotify put itself on offline mode, I don't have a choice. COuld you fix it asap?

Hey, go to Settings and check that Spotify is in Online mode on. Then you can try reinstall app.

Thx for the quick reply but I'm not that dumb 🙂

I already tried this. I opened another ticket into the Windows Phone forum for more information about the issue.

Thx again for your quick feedback!

Yes, as Spotify user I know, those are very simple things - everyone do this...

But my point is that Spotify Windows Phone program is old and without update. So problem may be here.

If your teleoperator use another operators network, you should check roaming settings etc.

Spotify does not have any knowledge about Windows Phone platform nor any developers - so maybe problem is actually here. The whole app is not developed by Spotify. Layout was designed by advertising agency, at least.

thx a lot for your help, too bad Spotify doesn't care about Windows Phone users 😞 I'll be back to deezer then (apps isn't perfect neither but at least works with my provider 🙂

Hi !

Sorry for the delay but I would like to wake this post up as it seems to me that Spotify mobile service has been quite not usable for a few months (I would say June 2012) for us clients of new French operator "Free Mobile" whatever the platform or the versions (iPhone 3GS - iOS 5.1 - Spotify app v. 0.5.4 for my part)

Symptoms are:

- permanent disconnections/reconnections.

- search not functional.

- radios not functional

- impossible to stream any song more than 1 sec of tune every 20 sec.

I performed a few tests indicating that under such symptoms as above :

- the mobile operator radio coverage was good.

- the bandwidth available is good or at least sufficient (over 1,5 Mbps average).

- connecting through professional VPN with the very same mobile operator connection allowed me to have full access to Spotify features that are not functional without VPN.

French Operator "Free Mobile" arrived on the French market in January 2012 and is known to be currently in conflict with Google because of peering issues preventing customers of the French operator from streaming any Youtube videos despite good 3G-coverage conditions.

It is very likely the issue is similar with Spotify services on "Free Mobile" 3G connections.

Please Spotify, any chance you can engage troubleshooting sessions with this French operator?

I believe some members will have to unsuscribe if this issue cannot be solved rapidly...

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Timbucker.

Hi, 

Like @timbucker, i have the same symptoms to connect and use spotify on 3G with free Mobile ( but it works well with a VPN...)

Why???

Suggested posts