Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with SD card. I can't enter Spotify from my smartphone anymore!

Problem with SD card. I can't enter Spotify from my smartphone anymore!

I've run into a problem with Spotify on my Android phone.

I can't enter the app since yesterday. After uninstalling and reinstalling it, a message like this appears:

"We couldn't find anywhere to save your data. Please, check that your SD card is working and has enough space available". (it could change a little since my app is not in English). I can't go further than that. Nothing more is displayed (menu options, playlists, etc). When I reopen the app there's ven no message. Just a black background and the menu icon without any option.

The weird thing is that I have enough space in my phone, checked from Settings > Storage:

Internal space: 179MB free of 1.48GB total

SD Card (storage/sdcard0): 8.94GB free of 29.49GB total

Phone storage (storage/sdcard1): 9.66GB free of 12.33GB total

My default write disk id the SD card.

Why is this happening? Is it a bug?? 

3 Replies

Hi there! The best course of action here would be to try a clean reinstallation of the application.

Give this a shot and let us know if it works. Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Thank you for your help. Looks like it's sort of an i/o problem in my sd card because I noticed there are other apps behaving strange when they had to store data.

I tried unmounting the sd card and reinstalling spotify and it worked again. All my downloaded songs were not available offline this way since they are in the Sd.

So next I mounted it again and selected it as the default write disk. The songs were again marked as downloaded, but when it comes to syncing new songs an error message says there is not enough space available in the Sd, while my settings say just the opposite.

I will try to backup all the important data in the Sd and wipe it out. I hope it fixes the problem. Otherwise it would be some hardware glitch.

glad to hear you figured it out!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts