Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with car stereo, bluetooth ane spotify

Problem with car stereo, bluetooth ane spotify

Hi,

First of all, this problem occurred a while ago. Before that everything worked fine. May be caused by some update, but I don't know.

I have Pioneer mvh 360bt stereo and Huawei honor 6 phone. Whenever I start the car/stereo, it is automatically detecting phone's own music application and start to play music there. All song info etc. is shown by the music app in stereo screen. I am able to play songs through spotify by stopping the music on music app, but it is still showing the paused song details in my car stereo screen and I can not change songs by pressing next or previous with stereo buttons, it is changing songs in music app. Overall it is totally ignoring spotify. I tried to delete all songs in music app, which ended up to show "no title" or so in stereo screen. It just won't recognize spotify songs.

What I tried to do: Read my car stereo manual, mess with stereo settings, reseted Bluetooth connections. Also reinstalled my phone and spotify + messed with my phone settings. Seems like

1. I can't get rid off this super annoying useless music app
2. My stereo is no longer syncing with spotify.

I tested the problem with my girlfriend's phone which is Sony Xperia m2 aqua and everything worked fine. So the problem is not in my car stereo, it is in my phone or between that.

Please help me to fix this issue. It is driving me crazy. I can tell any additional information if needed.

Thanks.
10 Replies

Hi there, confirmed it's your phone.. or more to the point your phones native music player not releasing the hook into the part of Android which controls media & metadata output.

Try disabling the muic player by opening your app drawer, open settings then applications. Scroll right to 'All' and find your native music player. Tap on it to open the settings then tap on 'Disable'.

Now try and use Spotify in your car

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi,

Thanks for quick respond. Unfortunately I can't disable the app. 've already disabled software's that are useless or I am not using. However, the disable option is greyed, so this option will not work

Oh, I'd suggest you contact Oppo support as it's their app which is causing the issue here.

Android Troubleshooting:

Oppo support? The application seems very basic. The app is called "Musiikki", which is Finnish and it means "music". There is not any additional info about who made the app. Any further help appreciated!

And it's a music player supplied with your phone? Based on the fact you can't disable it I would assume it's on the system partition and Oppo have blocked you being able to disable it.

There's nothing Spotify can do to assist you with this as it's an app baked into the ROM that's not allowing anything else to play metadata.

Android Troubleshooting:

I see. Thank you. I try to figure out how to get rid off it.

If you are rooted then you can remove it using Titanium Backup... If not, then you may not be able to

Android Troubleshooting:

Hm, i would rather not to root. I try to find alternative solutions to clear the problem. Last option will be rooting and deleting that way.

Hi,I found out that my problem was related to last spotify update. Before that, my artists name and song was displaying without timeline bit perfectly reading trough my car display.Now, I had to downgrade to another Spotify compilation. Is there anyway to solve this with the last update?

Phone: Huwaei ascend p7-L10

Suggested posts