Problem with changing to songs from a playlist while casting

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy, chrome cast 

My Question or Issue

When casting to a chromecast from the Android app I can not select a song from any Playlist to play, when I tap them nothing happens, I can open the song options or add to queue. I had this problem with a chrome cast and an older samsung phone over a year ago but it seemed to be fixed for most of the time between then and now.

2 Replies

I am also having this same problem on the desktop program casting to a chromecast. 

Hey @Haberh,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

We get that you're having some issues with casting from your Spotify apps to a Chromecast device. First off, make sure you're not having issues with your internet connectivity, as this could be a reason for this behavior across the platforms. Check also if your Chromecast device isn't pending an update as well.

As a next step, we can suggest you to log out and then to log back in, in your Spotify apps twice in a row, as this triggers a refresh between them and your account and may help to resolve any possible cache-related issues. See if then casting will behave as expected. 

If nothing from the above helps, then please return to us with a short video of the situation, as well as the exact version numbers of the apps where this situation is occurring for you.

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts