Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with the latest versione of the app and Bluetooth

Solved!

Problem with the latest versione of the app and Bluetooth

Hi,

I have a problem with the latest app (the old app work like charm) for Android and the bluetooth of my car (Alfa Romeo Giulietta equipped with uConnect 6.5 live).

The music don't start and if I start manualy it stop after a few secons. Also it don't send the info  of the track and the car commands don't works.  The other music app works (Google play music).

To fix it I had to install the old version 8.4.83.614 (from the APK), but doing so I lost the new features, like che car mode. Is there a possibility to make new version work ?

Thanks you,

Simone

P.s. I have formatted my phone before make the test.

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Italy

Device

Motorola Moto Z2 Play

Operating System

Android 8.0 with February 2019 secure patch.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @IlSaccente96,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and apologies for the late reply!

This sounds like an issue which we are aware of and currently investigating.

Make sure to head over to this thread, where you can keep track of our progress. We'll keep you posted in the thread and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Let us know if there's anything else 😉

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @IlSaccente96,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and apologies for the late reply!

This sounds like an issue which we are aware of and currently investigating.

Make sure to head over to this thread, where you can keep track of our progress. We'll keep you posted in the thread and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Let us know if there's anything else 😉

I've been having a similar problem with the new versions of Spotify released over the past month. I have a 2017 Dodge Journey with uConnect (latest telematics and uConnect updates) and a OnePlus3 on Android 8.0.0 Nov 2018 security patch.

These problems happen in both Spotify car mode and normal mode.

I find the uConnect pause button when pressed will show paused and sound stops but Spotify app keeps playing.

Also, every 2-8 minutes my uConnect stereo will show paused and sound stops but Spotify is still playing. If I press unpause on uConnect sound starts again until it happens a few minutes later.

Also, sometimes track skipping from uConnect doesn't register in Spotify.

I had none of these issues a few weeks ago but have noticed many recent versions of Spotify updating. I installed Spotify Lite as a test and it works perfectly, but is lacking a shuffle feature.

I have a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I'm running into the same issues as wvt314.

I don't know my Uconnect software update level, but I my phone is an HTC u12+, and Spotify is up to date.

One difference I have is instead of pausing between 2-8 minutes, mine shows paused on my Jeep screen and goes silent, but the phone is clearly still playing music. Nothing fixes it until I manually press play on my Jeep screen. 

For now I've resorted to other music apps in the car that don't pause between songs, because not only is it too annoying, but it's unsafe to lean over and push play again every 3 minutes and missing part of my songs.

• Thanks!

Hey @wvt314 and @Jackculp14,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Make sure to head over to the thread that I linked to above - we'll keep you posted there and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks!

I have done everything possible to rectify this problem including getting a replacement phone and updating the software in my Dodge ram. It would be greatly appreciated if you would rectify the issue as it is clearly an app problem

Bumping this thread to say I still have the same problem in my Alfa Romeo Giulietta and that downgrading the Spotify app back to 8.4 fixes the issue.

This is the Solution? 

Suggested posts