Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with the new update

Problem with the new update

I have not used Spotify for a few days now, so today i discovered the update.
When i try to select and song to playlist, the menu just closes and nothing happens. Anyone else have this problem or maybe a solution to this?
Screenshot_2016-09-23-12-50-03.png
12 Replies

I recommend trying a clean install, following all steps in the first part of this post. If you still have problems, please post details of your device and android version.

Have you had any luck with a clean install? Wondering if there are any more reliable solutions.

Clean install did not work for my wife on her phone. She's only had this issue since the update.

Hello. I am having the same problem! I noticed Spotify released a new update, but I hadn't used Spotify for a couple days. I tried to add a song to my playlist, and nothing happened.

I restarted my phone. I cleared my cache. I uninstalled the Spotify app. I reinstalled the Spotify app. I checked the forums for Android troubleshooting and followed all the instructions. 

Nothing changed. I still go to that menu (the same in the OP's screenshot), try to add to playlist or go to album/artist, and the menu disappears with nothing happening.

The only thing I have done differently to my phone, which was around the time the new update came out, was remove my SD card. I went back to see if any of the folders were left on my internal storage and the old SD card, as the troubleshooting page said to do, and I had nothing mentioning Spotify anywhere. I reinstalled the SD card, switched the storage location...nothing.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4 with Lollipop version 5.0.1.

Hey I had the same problem and found the solution.

I was using Lux.Dash which overlays my screen, disabling this app fixed the problem!

Check if you have something like that running!

I have the same problem. After update the last version of spotify i can't add new music to my plays lists and i don't wan to removethe app or delete all the data. This it's must have a reaaallly bad bug. I hope they'll fix the problem or probably i will delete my account and move to youtube red asap.
AM

James, you are absolutely right. I have a blue light filter on my phone. When I paused it, Spotify was working fine again. I'm not about to get rid of my filter, but I'm happy there's a workaround.

Thank you for your help.

Disabling Twilight app solved the problem for me. Thanks! Hope there is a better solution eventually.

Thanks! I was using Lux.dash. This solved the problem!

So many apps that draw over other apps seem to be causing more and more trouble with newer versions these days.

If you are using Twilight and it is causing a problem with Spotify, you can open Twilight>go down to More settings>Exclude apps from filtering>Spotify. But so far this setting makes the Twilight app act a little erratic for me.
I wonder what will happen if Nougat reintroduces Night Mode.

I'm not running any screen overlays, at least not that I'm aware of. I'm using Axon 7 with google launcher and minimal number of additional apps installed (just utilities like banking app etc). All the options in the 3dots menu are not working. While you can save or go to the album/artist in some other way there is no way to add the song to a playlist which is one of the fundamental features of any music players...

I had the same problem. Uninstalling Twilight fixed the issue.  I can now use "go to artist" and the other pop up menu items.  You can also change Twilight's settings to pause while Spotify is opened and this will also fix the issue.

Suggested posts