Free

Country

USA

Device

Moto X4

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Ok, so my problem started when I opened the Spotify app on my phone one day and I was logged out. I saw this as no big deal and tried signing in under my account but it told me the email and password combination was incorrect. I figure I had put my password or email incorrectly so I carefully checked my email and password after typing it in again to make sure it was correct but it gave me the same response. This time it also sent a link to my email that would help log me in. So I go to the email immediately and try opening the link but it brings me to an error screen that says my link has expired. After trying to open the link again on the same email and having them send new emails the error still continued. 

So I looked my problem up online and couldn't really find anything so I tried logging in to the Spotify app and the Spotify web player on my computer which logged in just fine with no problems. I then tried logging in to the web player on my phone which worked just fine.

Some additional things I have tried:

-uninstalling and reinstalling the app

-restarting my phone

-clearing the cache and storage

-making a new account and trying to sign in on that, the same problems occurred

-linking a facebook account to my new account and seeing if I could sign in using that

1 Reply

Hi there @GraveIS,

Thanks for posting !

Have you tried using this help page to reset your password and log in with the new one ?

Thanks for your patience 🙂

Suggested posts