Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! The Android button to display the current queue no longer works.

DeviceSamsung J7 PlanPremium Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueThe button on the Android app for displaying the current queue doesn't work any longer. This just started a day or two ago.

• Music Fan
  • Device Samsung J7   Plan Premium   Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue The button on the Android app for displaying the current queue doesn't work any l...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Return to Playing Song on Album or Artist Page

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.Device(Google Pixel 3 XL)Operating System(Android Pie) My Question or IssueWhen I am playing a song, I go to the now playing page (the album art page that can be pulled up by pushing the bottom of the page). If I go back to the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country U.S. Device (Google Pixel 3 XL) Operating System (Android Pie)   My Question or Issue When I am playing a song, I go to the now playing page (the album art page th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Selecting song from web player while playing on Android device plays wrong track

BUG: Selecting a song on the webplayer to play on phone plays the wrong songHow to reproduce:Have spotify open on you phone and in a webplayer.Have the playback device set to your phone.Go to a playlist that has unplayable songs. For example the play...

• Visitor
  • BUG: Selecting a song on the webplayer to play on phone plays the wrong song How to reproduce: Have spotify open on you phone and in a webplayer. Have the playback device set to your phone. Go to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Behind the Lyrics freezes over my controls!

PlanPremiumCountryUnited Kingdom DeviceSamsung Galaxy A3Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or IssueHi, if a song has "behind the lyrics" the manner always comes over the controls. I cannot even see the controls. This means I cannot easily play/p...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom   Device Samsung Galaxy A3 Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue Hi, if a song has "behind the lyrics" the  manner always c...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Bug] When downloading a song, a banner appears with premium function

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsSpotify VersionAndroid, 8.5.16.192DeviceSony Experia XA2Operating SystemSailfish 3.0.3.10 running Alien Dalvik My Question or IssueWhen downloading a song a banner pops up indicating that I found a premium feature. With t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Spotify Version Android, 8.5.16.192 Device Sony Experia XA2 Operating System Sailfish 3.0.3.10 running Alien Dalvik   My Question or Issue When downl...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug android
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify pauses randomly

PlanPremiumCountryBG DeviceHuawei P20 ProOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueSpotify pauses randomly. Sometimes even after I press "Play". It happens 2-3 times in a row and then the problem dissapears for a while. Any suggestions? So far I ha...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country BG   Device Huawei P20 Pro Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Spotify pauses randomly. Sometimes even after I press "Play". It happens 2-3 times...
  • fixxxerът
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playlists not shown

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceOnePlus 6Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueSince the last update (I think), when I go to "Your library" normally a "Playlists" item would be in the top items (along with "Made for you", "Stations", "Song...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device OnePlus 6 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Since the last update (I think), when I go to "Your library" normally a "Playlists" ...
  • stefabolous
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify freezes phone while using remote function

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7 EdgeOperating SystemAndroid 8.0 My Question or IssueWhenever I try to use the remote function, to control Spotify on my PC with my phone, it'll eventually freeze completely. Not just the app but the en...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Operating System Android 8.0   My Question or Issue Whenever I try to use the remote function, to control Spotify on my PC wi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Speaker Group (multiroom speakers) functionality gone

PlanPremiumCountryDenmark DeviceSamsung Galaxy S10EOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueI can't Chromecast to a speaker group I created in the Google Home app for my 2 JBL Playlist wifi speakers. I used to be able do this from Spotify, to pl...

• Plan Premium Country Denmark  Device Samsung Galaxy S10E Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue I can't Chromecast to a speaker group I created in the Google Home app f...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Enable auto shuffle in liked songs!

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceSamsung S8Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssuePlease re enable auto shuffle when you select a track in Liked Songs. Alternatively, please keep some sort of cache memory to remember that the user has selected to ke...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Samsung S8 Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue Please re enable auto shuffle when you select a track in Liked Songs.   Alte...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Skips and songs on tablet

Im using spotify on my tablet as well as my phone. I was listening on my tablet (i had it connected to my google home mini) and i was able to skip as many songs as i wanted and was able to choose any song, i leave my room for five minutes and when i ...

• Visitor
  • Im using spotify on my tablet as well as my phone. I was listening on my tablet (i had it connected to my google home mini) and i was able to skip as many songs as i wanted and was able to choose any...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution AUTOPLAY IS BROKEN

I've read all other info and posts on this I can find. I've tried all the fixes nothing works. Auto play does not work as its supposed to. It will jump to a new song 1/10 times but only if I've searched for one specific song. I've recently switched f...

• Casual Listener
  • I've read all other info and posts on this I can find. I've tried all the fixes nothing works.  Auto play does not work as its supposed to. It will jump to a new song 1/10 times but only if I'v...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Supprimer une chanson d'un album

Bonsoir, avant on pouvait supprimer une chanson d'un album mais depuis quelques temps je ne trouve plus l'option. C'est bien dommage. Merci à vous .PlanPremiumCountryBelgiqueDeviceHuawei p20Operating System

• Casual Listener
  • Bonsoir, avant on pouvait supprimer une chanson d'un album mais depuis quelques temps je ne trouve plus l'option. C'est bien dommage. Merci à vous 🙂 . Plan Premium Country Belgique Device Huaw...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant load daily mixes on android

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceLG G6Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueSo i have a big problem, i cant load daily mixes and some of song radio's on my android device, im now listening it on my PC and it works fine, i have promblem on my lg wi...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Poland Device LG G6 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue So i have a big problem, i cant load daily mixes and some of song radio's on my android...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Pausing from headphones makes the screen light up

I've been listening to music on Spotify almost every day for the past year and just from today when the screen is locked and i press pause from my bluetooth headphones the screen started lighting up every time i press pause. it never happened to me b...

• Visitor
  • I've been listening to music on Spotify almost every day for the past year and just from today when the screen is locked and i press pause from my bluetooth headphones the screen started lighting up&...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • lock screen
    pause
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution An album I want to listen to is available for iOS users, but not me on desktop/Android

PlanPremium (family)CountryU.S.Device(Pixel 2, PC)Operating System(Android Q Beta 5, Windows 10, Chrome Browser) My Question or IssueA friend (using iOS) tried to share an album with me by an artist we both like (UTAU by Ryuichi Sakamoto). I tried se...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium (family) Country U.S. Device (Pixel 2, PC) Operating System (Android Q Beta 5, Windows 10, Chrome Browser)   My Question or Issue A friend (using iOS) tried to share an al...
  • shlootermcgavin
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

SamsungTV remote wont play music

Hi, I've used spotify on my samsung tv for the past year and a half. It worked flawless, I played the music via my tv remote, or via other devices... Today as usual i opened the spotify app on my tv by using the tv remote, I seleceted a random playli...

• Regular
  • Hi, I've used spotify on my samsung tv for the past year and a half. It worked flawless, I played the music via my tv remote, or via other devices...   Today as usual i opened the spotify app ...
  • Kalikaiz
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution downloaded songs get removed after i reopen app

PlanPremiumCountrychileDeviceredmi note 4Operating System7.1.1 My Question or Issuewhen i have downloaded the songs that i have liked and close app reopen all the downloads are gone what to do

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country chile Device redmi note 4 Operating System 7.1.1   My Question or Issue when i have downloaded the songs that i have liked and close app reopen all the downloads a...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Voice search - results play in Google play music

PlanPremium DeviceSamsung Galaxy S9+Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueWhenever I use voice search the results end up playing in Google play music. I've set up Google so that Spotify is my preferred service. Is this a known problem? Anyone...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Device Samsung Galaxy S9+ Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Whenever I use voice search the results end up playing in Google play music. I've se...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes