Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems logging in to Spotify using Facebook on Kindle Fire HDX and desktop computer Windows 7

Problems logging in to Spotify using Facebook on Kindle Fire HDX and desktop computer Windows 7

Hi, I cannot log in to Spotify using Facebook on my Kindle Fire HDX, the error message I get is "You've already created an account using this e-mail address" . I contacted Amazon using the Mayday button on my Kindle and they suggested I remove both apps and download again but this hasn't resolved the problem.

This is very odd  as I only have the one e-mail address which I use to log in to Facebook and Spotify. The only way I can log in to Spotify on my Kindle is by entering my username and password which is very fiddly due to the size of the keyboard and screen, I used to be able to log in to Spotify using Facebook before I changed my Facebook password.

I have a similar issue when I try to log in to Spotify using Facebook on my desktop computer running Windows 7, the error message is "Desktop Client Communication Failed".

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Replies

The reason you are getting the "desktop client communication failed" error is because you have login approvals turned on in your Facebook settings. It is likely that when you changed your password, a Facebook setting got changed. 

Most people have been able to fix this by checking your settings to make sure it's off or by following the directions here:

http://mikedixson.com/2014/11/solved-spotify-desktop-client-communication-failed/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi MattSuda, thanks for your reply, I tried that and am now getting the
message "A firewall may be blocking Spotify"
not too sure how to fix this, any further advice would be appreciated,
thanks.

Suggested posts