Country

Rwanda

Device

Galaxy Note 9

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Here's how to reproduce the bug

1. I start playing track starting by the letter E (or any letter). In this example, it's the track "Elohim". As you can see, the app queues all subsequent tracks

2. I close the app and reopen it the day after. the Playing track is still the same ("Elohim") but the queue has changed and has tracks starting with letter R

This happens all the time. Also note that even if I start playback from any other position (like from tracks starting with letter B), the next day, the queue will show the same tracks starting with R

initial queue.jpg
the queue the day after.jpg
4 Replies

Hey @redchrism,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

The Queue is automatically populated by Autoplay based on the song you're playing. The Autoplay list of similar songs starts automatically and it's not saved if you close the app and re-open it a few hours later or from another device.

We know this might be confusing, since the queue in Spotify works a bit differently than other music streaming apps. What you can do is add the songs from the queue to a playlist for later listening if you want to keep those tracks in that order.

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Ok but help me understand the logic here. Why is it always jumping to tracks with letter R and continue the order? It's not random.

Hi @redchrism,

Thanks for your reply.

Looking at the screenshots you posted, it seems that you are connected to a bluetooth device. Have you noticed this issue happening mainly when connected to bluetooth?

Bluetooth connections can cause the queue to refresh to a new batch of tracks. For optimization and compatibility purposes, the queue is generated in "batches", usually of something between 150-200 tracks. Establishing a new connection causes the current batch to be flushed and the next one moved into place.

Feel free to try replicating this without the bluetooth connection to see if the issue will occur again.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have a playlist made and I experience a similar problem. I have my songs organized by Album and when I connect my phone to my car it all of a sudden changes the queue to when I added the songs to the playlist instead of how I organized them.

Suggested posts