Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Galaxy S7

Operating System

Android 8

My Question or Issue

During my commute I cross an area with bad Internet connection (Edge only). Of course I have all my favourite songs offline but the problem is I can't queue them with bad connection. Why is this happening? Because in the android app you have to open the song menu to queue the song. But this menu doesn't open as the connection is too slow to load all the online information in there. So please Spotify if you keep selling your customers to Apple by not making the swipe to queue feature available to android user. At least make some other way to queue songs which doesn't need to load some online data. 

Maybe problem wouldn't exist if I set the app to offline mode. But I think you agree this can't be the solution as I would have to switch every time I have a bad connection manually to offline mode. This would be ridiculous...

Thank you!

3 Replies

Hey @mrkklein,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this and for your feedback.

We suggest you head over to this relevant idea in the Community and add your vote to it. That way, the more votes it gets, the more likely it is that Spotify will implement it in the future.

Hope that helps! Let us know if there's anything else 😉

Hey Peter,

Thank you for your reply. But do you really suggest adding my vote to an 4
year old idea which already has many votes and has been ignored by Spotify
for years is a solution to my problem? Obviously Spotify doesn't want to
give this feature to Android.

So if you don't give us this feature than please give us any other
convenient way to queue songs. Not making this happen is just completely
ridiculous...

Hey @mrkklein,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Even though the idea is marked as Not Right Now, we're still taking users' feedback into account, so we do encourage you to show that you care about it by adding your vote to the idea.

Take care 🙂

Suggested posts