Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queuing Issues with Chromecast Audio

Queuing Issues with Chromecast Audio

There seems to be a fair amount of issues with Chromecast Audio and Spotify. But something I have yet to find any word about are the queuing issues with Chromecast Audio and Spotify. Playing from an album or playlist seems to work fine, but when you start adding tracks to Up Next/Queue, Spotify will inevitably end up repeating tracks, or queue random tracks. And also Spotify will show the incorrect song but be playing the right song sometimes, and sometimes vice versa. Really buggy. I can't tell if this is because multiple devices are simultaneoulsly looking at my spotify account, which was never a problem when I was just using an extra tablet. It also still does not account from the seemingly random songs that appear on my queue. I know once you start casting from a device, you can then start controlling it from desktop Spotify. But you cannot initially cast to CCA from desktop, which is an issue that's been on the table since the CCA release.

8 Replies

I have the same problem, i have been in contact with Spotify about this for a while now, they are working on a solution.

They think it might be fixed around September / October, but cannot promise anything. 

Have you heard anything new about this issue, regarding a fix?

I have the same problem with the regular Chromecast.

I can't seem to queue anything on the chrome cast anymore. I get this error when I click the Add to Up Next option:

"Sorry! you can't queue this content while connected to another device"

I thought the whole point of Spotify connect was to be connected on multiple devices!?

When I slide to queue it says "queued" but it actually does nothing.

Me too.

I have been in contact with Google forum but they said it probably a Spotify issue.

LOL, funny you should write now, cause literally not 2 minutes before you wrote, i contacted Spotify for an update 😄

Ill post their answer in this thred. 

//Warpten

lol, nothing has been fixed and it's been like two years. Every time I use spotify on chromecast it plays the same songs. It creates a queue of my most recently added songs, not of my whole playlist. You'd think Spotify/Google would have enough money to create proper software. What a waste.

Suggested posts