Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio is missing from Android app

Radio is missing from Android app

Hello all, 

Can anyone help me find the radio stations section in the Android app?  It's in my desktop app.. but when I go to the app on my phone, there is "supposed" to be a radio tab at the bottom, next to playlists, search, home etc.. but there is no RADIO to select, and my followed stations are not available in the app either?

What gives?

I tried all the usual.. uninlstalling, reinstalling, clearing cache, etc...  I'm using the free version... considering a paid premium upgrade, but not if my stations aren't available in the app.. I will just use Amazon instead if I can't get radio stations on the android app

3 Replies

Did you figure this out yet? I have the same issue and have been working on it for a couple days now with no headway either

Hi, 

Yes... I contacted Spotify support through Twitter at @spotifycares, as it's the only way I could find to ask an actual Spotify support person any questions.  What Spotify basically told me, is that they are always trying new things!  Yay!... and pointed me here:  

I wasn't happy with that answer, and made that clear to Spotify support... I don't like losing features on my app, when others get to keep them.  I don't see why I should have to give up features I like so they can try things, while randomly others get to keep them. Both my kids have radio stations on their app (iphone and a galaxy phones), but I don't have radio stations on my app... it seems silly.  I don't want to be a beta tester unless it adds features for me to try and provide feedback, then I'm happy to.. I would like to be notified so I can decide if I want to have features removed or not.  Intead, Spotify randomly chooses those individuals to add or remove features, and I assume wait to see if people complain about losing them in order to help make decisions on what goes in the app?  No idea, and not a good customer experience.  It has turned me off of  Spotify completely, as I don't feel that's a good way to perform product testing leaving your customers in the dark. 

I moved to an Amazon Music subscription instead, and Spotify lost me as a customer, since I was pretty much told to wait and hope the radio feature is added again.. and "thanks for the feedback!  You are in good hands!  We will relay your dissatisfaction!"  ...I'm left thinking, well gee thanks for letting someone else have the 1 feature I use most then.. lol.. yay me!

What I really wanted and asked for, is for Spotify to add radio back on my app, since it's obviously available to other users in their apps... Instead I got "well maybe someday it will show up again in the app for you.. fingers crossed.. have a great day"  with no idea when or if that would even happen....

I was testing Spotify and Amazon trying to decide on which would be my family subscription service.  Spotify made that decision to use Amazon instead by randomly removing my radio station feature, but allowing others to have it.

Hope that helps,

The radio station was the only feature that I liked on this stupid App and I can't use Pandora in this country. Great. I'll try Amazon too then. 

Suggested posts