Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random behaviour of Spotify :-/ (Shutdowns, loading speed and more)

Random behaviour of Spotify :-/ (Shutdowns, loading speed and more)

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Huawei Honor 6X

Operating System

Android 7 (EMUI 5.0.3)

My Question or Issue

Since about one month I use Spotify Premium and I am almost happy.

But there are several really annoying things going on.

1. Random shutdowns of the app.

The app closes and it's impossible to retrace why. Sometimes it closes after 30 minutes, sometimes after three or four songs. Sometimes it closes while searching for (or browsing) artists.

2. When starting the app, it sometimes takes forever until it loads (sometimes it just keeps being stuck). And sometimes, when browsing/skipping songs, the app won't react (and moving the progress bar within a song won't work).

3. The app can't be set loud enough. When using my headphones and my bluetooth box, it is really not enough, especially when walking along the streets in a busy town, the signal is really weak. And with my BT box which is always a room filling experience, it's the same problem.  Is there really no workaround to boost the volume just a bit?

I mean, when paying 10 euro per month, everything should work fine. 😕

6 Replies

Additionally to the above bugs, sometimes spotify doesn't even let me skip songs.

Have you tried force stopping the app from the Android settings? You can do so by going to Settings > Apps > Spotify > Force Stop. That may fix some instability issues.

As for your third question, try making sure that phone isn't capping the volume. If it does so, you'll get a notification stating that Android is trying to prevent hearing damage. If not, then it's mostly dependant on your phone.

Hi zackarhino,

I just manually stopped the app and it seemed to run smoothly now. Let's see how the app behaves the next days. Thanks for that.

Concerning the volume capping: Of course I dismiss the message with "ok" and I really turn it up to the top volume, but compared to my normal music player app, youtube and other sound giving apps, Spotify has a lot lower volume.

There's a setting in Spotify called "normalize volume". Try disabling that and see if it does anything for you.

Thanks, I'll give that a try later.

Hm, indeed the volume seems to be a little louder after disabling the Normalize function.

Suggested posts