After searching for a solution for my problem for some days , at last I found this thread. I seem to have the same problem.
Since a couple of days my spotify just stopps songs. Sometimes I "only" have to click play again and it goes on, but most times when I open Spotify then, it goes back to an older song.
An example for what happens most of the time:
1. Song 1 plaby using the "play" button
2. It plays song 1 till the end, starts song 2
3. song 2 stopps at 0:30 e.g.
4. the widget shows the actual song, but also the "pause" button, no "play" button. clicking on the "pause" button does not do anything.
5. I open the Spotify app an it shows song 1 at 2:40 - as if I never made steps 2 to 5!
6. This goes on and on and on - every time I land on song 1 at 2:40 - only a restart of my phone changes this. but not for a long time.
I also use Chrome since a couple of days. But till now I had never thought that this could be the reason. Have to take look on it. But this should not be a problem! I want to use both apps at the same time!
I have a Galaxy 3, so there should be enough power for two apps at the same time.
Best regards and looking forward to a solution GTStar