Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Redmi + SD Card offline playlist issue

Solved!

Redmi + SD Card offline playlist issue

Hi all, I've tried almost every solution in the book to get Spotify to save my offline playlists to my microsd card but it still saves to internal memory. I believe my problem is unique to Redmi (XiaoMi) phones.

Here's the issue:

Redmi has partitioned 2 memories - one labeled 'internal', mostly for apps, and another labeled phone storage (1gb size). Now, the latter is where Spotify saves my offline files. I have a 32gb micro SD card (completely blank save the usual android system files) and Spotify refuses to save there.

The com.spotify.music folder, once offline files are saved, is located within the phone. SD card does not have any spotify folders. 

What I've tried:

- Reinstalling Spotify

- Formatting SD card

- Formatting internal memory

- Reinstalling entire phone

The Android version in place is 4.2.2. 

Any solutions or help greatly appreciated. P.s. I do not wish to root my phone.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Android 4.2.2 shouldn't cause any problems with the external SD card. Could you try the following steps, in order,

• Go to the bottom of the spotify settings page and clear the cache
  • Uninstall spotify
  • Reformat the external SD card using the phone's format utility
  • Use a file manager to make sure there are no spotify folders left in internal storage under \android\data
  • Redownload spotify and download some music then cheeck to see that the cache appears on the external SD card under \android\data\com'spotify.music

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Screenshot attached - above is SD card, below is internal memory. Spotify saves files into internal as "misc".

Screenshot_2014-06-17-15-53-03.png
Marked as solution

Android 4.2.2 shouldn't cause any problems with the external SD card. Could you try the following steps, in order,

• Uninstall spotify
  • Use a file manager to make sure there are no spotify folders left in internal storage under \android\data
  • Redownload spotify and download some music then cheeck to see that the cache appears on the external SD card under \android\data\com'spotify.music

Hi Joe,

You are a saint. I was at my wits end and rooted my phone - and the solution worked. Wanted to make sure that this is a solution for non-rooted phones so I unrooted it and tested it again - worked like a charm too.

Thank you. I hope you find all the beer you can.

@jwylot wrote:

• @jwylot wrote:

• Uninstall spotify

Hi Joe,

You are a saint. I was at my wits end and rooted my phone - and the solution worked. Wanted to make sure that this is a solution for non-rooted phones so I unrooted it and tested it again - worked like a charm too.

Thank you. I hope you find all the beer you can.

Great - enjoy your music 🙂

Suggested posts