Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (1.9.0)

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (1.9.0)

ReleaseNotesAnd.jpg

What's new in this version (1.9.0)

• New: Search your offline tracks when you’re offline.
  • Improved: Safer bluetooth handling.
  • Fictitious: This app contains a blend of herbs and spices.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History
15 Replies

What exactly is this  "Safer bluetooth handling."?

The "Safer Bluetooth Handling" has created problems that didn't exist before.

Right after connection to my car unit the audio sistematically fails twice for one or two seconds before stabilizing.

Also the track information sent to the car display sometimes works sometimes not.

All of this was working normally on the former version.

Can you, please, check that?

Best regards,

Paulo.

The Christmas snow globe effect is cute. How does one turn it off?

@Seahorse wrote:
The Christmas snow globe effect is cute. How does one turn it off?

It's just for Christmas week. Unfortunately you can't turn it off... unless you change the date in your phone to next week as it'll stop after this week.

Android Troubleshooting:

How do you set up spotify to play via bluetooth in a car? I've paired my phone to make calls etc but I can't figure out how it recognises and plays Spotify, I've only just signed up to premium so I haven't looked into it in too much depth yet, just tried this morning before driving to work. I have a Samsung GS 4 and a Vauxhall astra if that makes a difference?

@turion wrote:

How do you set up spotify to play via bluetooth in a car? I've paired my phone to make calls etc but I can't figure out how it recognises and plays Spotify, I've only just signed up to premium so I haven't looked into it in too much depth yet, just tried this morning before driving to work. I have a Samsung GS 4 and a Vauxhall astra if that makes a difference?

Check your Android settings in Bluetooth if you tap the cog next to your paired device it should show you the tyes of connections available. Make sure that ' Media Audio' is ticked.

You also need to ensure that your stereo supports A2DP which is the protocol used by Android to stream 2 channel media. I suggest checking your car stereo manual to see how to stream music from a bluetooth device... i.e. which input to select (if it is possible). Some stereo's only allow voice and not media.

Android Troubleshooting:

I like how the one new feature included actually doesn't even work lol

I too have experienced random Bluetooth issues that did not occur before the latest update, just as Paulo.

Is there an ETA to reasolve or rollback?

Thanks,

Scott

As of yesterday 12/23 spotify no longer connects or even sees available Bluetooth speakers to play to, Using galaxys5 & galaxy note 10.1. Neither device works via bluetooth and both worked fine 12/22. Please help as we enjoy our spotify!

Please, when do you plan do correct these bluetooth issues?

I talked to 5 friends that I recommended Spotify and they are going through the same problems.

It's very annoying!

Or, if you could please send the former version APK link, I can install the working one until you find a solution.

I will wait for your reply.

Best regards,

Paulo..

I also have a lot of problems in the car using Bluetooth... I can't skip any songs using my radio and I can't see the name of the song on the screen!... -_- especially skipping songs and go to previous songs is a big and anoying problem! I own a note 4

Can some one help?

I also have problems with bluetooth after this update...

After some time it stops play. If i somehow force to play, it don't want to stop, or i cant switch to next/previous song...

It is really annoying.

For now i sometimes use google music, as it works really good

I'm also having the exact same problem...I really wish someone would fix this.

I am having a similar problem with HTC One M8 and spotify app.  I will be playing music fine over bluetooth and my phone screen shuts off.  If I turn the screen back on, the audio switches from bluetooth device (2 devices tested so far, VW built in bluetooth and belkin F8Z492).  Bluetooth connectivity to the phone is not lost but to have spotify change from phone back to bluetooth requires toggling bluetooth off/on.  Other apps such as soundlcoud and mp3 players do not exhibit this issue.  This issue was first noticed yesterday (january 5th 2015) and was definitely not an issue a week ago. 

Suggested posts