Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (3.0)

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (3.0)

ReleaseNotesAnd.jpg

What's new in this version (3.0)

• New: The main player and mini player have a shiny new look.
    • New: You can now swipe to change tracks in the mini player.
    • Fictitious: This app contains only artificial additives.
Community Ergo Sum
52 Replies

The purpose of beta versions is to allow user acceptance / feedback before it is thrown upon the rest of the world.

Tbh I prefer the old min player, looks so much better

I just downloaded Spotify today on my andriod. It keeps crashing every time i open it. It wont even last long enough to connect to my account or even make a new account. I have tried reinstalling it. Both on data and wifi. I have also tried restarting my phone. Would very much like to upgrade to premium if i can get this sorted on my phone. 

Could you please make the queue-button bigger in e.g. playlist view? It is near impossible to touch it on e.g. Nexus 5 screen because the scrollbar appears from the right covering half of it, and the song is directly selected if you click a bit to the left. The margin for error is like 5 pixels.

The previous version was better, although it was far from perfect because the song was selected when clicking too far to the right.

Just make the button as tall as the song row reaching the edge of the screen, and as big as finger tip.

I don't need that scrollbar elevator element. Does anybody really want it?

Where is the Search Funktion?

I only found one in the Creating Radio Funktion,

and created hundreds of Radios, because I was looking for titles.

This can't be the solution.

If this continues, I think I downgrade to spotify free, again....

Anyone else having problems searching for music? The search function disappeared and I can't search for any new music... Irritating, I must say.

Forgot to mention this is on Android 4.1.1 on HTC One X

Same here, i can't seem to find the search bar to look for new music. I hope it's just a bug or something and that they fix it.

Earl's #6 is my number one, why on earth can't you reorder queued songs, or arbitrarily add and remove them? (Only manually added songs can be removed, and only individual songs or albums can be queued).

I also miss the ability to queue a song either after the currently playing ("play next") or at the end of the playlist (but before possibly automatically added titles).

@mchaka: totally agree, the scrollbar massively interferes with the ... buttons (and it's overlapped by the header, so you might not even see it at the top of a longer song list).

You can circumvent the UX flaw by long tapping a song to open the menu, then click Add to Queue. At least you won't accidentally start that song immediately, still annoying. Sonos solved this by always opening a menu to select play now, play next or append to queue.

But you can also see a better way of dealing with scrolling in Google contacts app: Google's scrollbar only reacts if you tap on the visible handle and drag it, Spotify's scrollbar jumps to wherever you click uncontrollably.

The new mini player is an improvement in my eyes, because you can immediately see the song progress. You can't skip ahead however without opening the full player.

It's also nice that swiping to the left or right works to change the song. It does not always open the full player if you tap on it however. So its kinda unresponsive, or may be lagging sometimes.

I also don't understand why swiping up doesn't open the full player. VLC, Sonos and Google music do this perfectly. Spotify still needs to learn about material design (Shuffle should be a floating action button with a nice icon, not at last to save some valuable screen space; Search shouldn't be exclusively reachable via main menu; sort and filter should be activated via a ... menu or always visible, for example in the space you could save by making the shuffle button a floating action button etc. etc.).

You actually an skip songs from the mini player by swiping left and right

A llittle embarrassed to ask, but what exactly is the mini-player?

EDIT: is it the home screen widget? because I can't see the song progress when it's playing. Only play, forward and backwards buttuns along with a small pic of the album cover.

@jonec429: you can skip to next and previous song, but not skip ahead or back the currently playing song mini player.

@JoshyB: the mini player is the small thing at the bottom while a song is playing (where it says Drink Alestorm in below picture):

https://goo.gl/photos/V4Qo3vggHB16DbMo6

@sbrucherseifer wrote:
@jonec429: you can skip to next and previous song, but not skip ahead or back the currently playing song mini player.

@JoshyB: the mini player is the small thing at the bottom while a song is playing (where it says Drink Alestorm in below picture):

https://goo.gl/photos/V4Qo3vggHB16DbMo6

@sbrucherseifer Thanks! 

You guys really should look into how spotify connect is working. 

Sometimes it cannot detect the denon dvr in the network, and when i switch song, it plays the correct song, but on mobile still showing the previous song , and even i close and reenter the application it still shows the bad info about the currently playing song.

There is something in the air... must be sound waves.

Possibly the worst update ever. I've never seen Spotify function so slowly. It's laughable actually.
Over the last year, every change Spotify have made has been for the worst. From the desktop app to the mobile app, it's just getting worse and worse.
Thankfully other companies now provide a similar service. Might be time to move across.

I'm paying for premium and haven't been able to use Spotify since the latest update, please fix this!!

On and honor 4x

This releas is a disaster... on my is not just the infinite ring loop, also it's causing my phone's bluetooth service to crash...

If I'm listening music in my car or with a bluetooth headset, it suddenly crashes the bluetooth share service and I have to start it again. This was not happening on previous versions. I had to uninstall it because of this app, me other apps who were using the bluetooth services were getting affected.

I'll wait until a new release to install it and test it again, and if nothing happens cancel my subscription.

Downloaded automatically - lost ALL my playlists and no way to get them back. 10K Songs + that are sitting on my desktop and no way to get them to Android unless I add them all AGAIN! 

Any way to get this back? 

Spotify app developers should sit right next to the Facebook developers in the big fat hall of shame. Constantly losing previously added albums and downloaded music. Ridiculous!

Suggested posts