Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove(preferred) or disable the Shuffle Play button?

Remove(preferred) or disable the Shuffle Play button?

Currently running the  0.7.4.608 version and when I open a playlist I am visually assulted by this big green 'Shuffle Play' button. I never use this feature and am starting to have some anger issues since this has been added. This thing is HUGE and takes up a large part of the screen. I have to scroll past it to get to the songs on the list. It is very easy to accidently hit when leaving the device unlocked.

Is there any way to remove or disable this feature? This is seriously almost a deal breaker for me.

I apologize for the borderline rant but I am to the point of looking at other services based on this button. I have been a paid subscriber for almost the begining but this may drive me out.

8 Replies

There is no way to hide or make it smaller at the minute I'm afraid. The shuffle play button (which was always on iOS) is mainly for free account holders since they can only use shuffle. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The big green shuffle button on iphone is highly irritating! There's no need for it to be that large and bold and just gets in the way of normal navigation. Pl Give us the option to hide it. Thank you.

@rudeboyalex - Be sure to add your vote here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Remove-the-darn-shuffle-play-button/idi-p/730903

Peter

Haha @Peter__ - that seems ironinc considering you wanted it on all the screens 😛

Yeah it feels wrong, I actually quite like it - but I guess it is just because I use shuffle a lot!

Peter

I am a paid subscriber and I can't shut the shuffle off.  I use the playlists for my fitness classes and has been doing this for 2 days and I can't disable it.  I have to keep running back and forth to change tracks in between plays.  Should I go back to my ipod? 

@jessk wrote:

I am a paid subscriber and I can't shut the shuffle off.  I use the playlists for my fitness classes and has been doing this for 2 days and I can't disable it.  I have to keep running back and forth to change tracks in between plays.  Should I go back to my ipod? 

If you open up the now playing screen and look in the bottom left to the 2 overlapping arrows are they in green? If so, tap them until they go white. This should turn shuffle off. 

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

This giant green shuffle button is awful.  I can't tell you how irritating it is.  Every time I take a screenshot of a song i want to share I get a reply from friends about how awful shuffle play is - well I agree BUT I can't get rid of this GIANT button!?!?!?  You lose customers who don't want it.  I pay for premium but honestly this shuffle biutton is causing me to consider cancelling.

Suggested posts