Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removed the ability to shuffle play all playlist in a folder?

Solved!

Removed the ability to shuffle play all playlist in a folder?

In the new update for the Android app, it seems they removed the option to play all playlist in a folder, is that true? I used it all the time because I follow a lot of playlist and to be able to listen to them all in shuffle mode where fantastic... 😞 So is it really true or am I missing something?
283 Replies

do you have the link to where yu can send them a email

Also on 7.8.0.607. Pretty sure it was this update (on March 2) that removed this function (for no good reason. arrgh)

As requested by the spotify employee, I made a post over in the Ideas forum. Please upvote and comment over there too to show your support for bringing this feature back!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Android-Music-Bring-Back-quot-Shuffle-All-quot-for...

Same version for me as well, 7.8.0.607. Pretty much ruined my road trip yesterday with trying to fiddle between playlists rather than being able to mix them... Definitely disappointed.

Since the last update in Android device it is not possible to shuffle a folder containing several playlists. Shuffle is only available for single playlists.

Please, please, please, need this function back. Updates should enhance the product and not remove helpful features.

Thanks and regards

Thanks to all of you who posted version numbers; definitely sounds like this is tied to the 7.8.0.607 update. I'm going to escalate this to Spotify staff and try to get further info about this update.

Also, just to clear up any possible misunderstanding, Rock Stars are not Spotify employees; we are just community members volunteering to assist others with any issues that may come up. More info on the program here for anyone who may be interested!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Okay guys, unfortunately, it looks like this feature has in fact been removed and that this is not a bug. At the moment, the only way to play all songs from multiple playlists in a folder would be to add them all to one combined playlist or to click the folder on your desktop (or another device that still has the feature), start playing from there, and use the Spotify Connect feature to then play this on your phone.

In the meantime, as @feelikeastrangr mentioned, voting and adding comments to existing ideas in the Ideas section is always a good way to let the Spotify team know you'd like to see this feature return.

Here is one idea that has been submitted on the topic:

[Android][Music] Bring Back "Shuffle All" for Playlists!

dinomightSpotify Star

Wow. Am amazed by the stupidity of this decision! Will look for another music provider. To remove key features from an app for one platform is just plain bad service. Am not begging for anything. But I will chose to pay for a service worth my money, for now this is not it.

Dealbreaker for me, 95% of my usage is in the car which means I can't spend time scanning for something to listen to, playlist folders and the ability to shuffle play all songs was the answer and also a USP for Spotify.

I could get past the ridiculous download limits but unfortunately this has rendered it useless to me, absolutely devastated as I used it nearly every single day for past 4 years.

Spotify just doesn't make sense sometimes. Why remove features?? They've done it before. ..

Hey @cjsolx, I'm a Spotify user just like you, not an employee. Trying to help out as best I can!

Hello @Aspiranya, thanks for posting and welcome!

Unfortunately, this feature is unavailable since quite a few time, Spotify is taking all the feedback, so I'll pass this to the staff! 

You can also vote and leave your feedback for this idea

In the meantime, let me suggest two workarounds you can try : ) 

- Create a new playlist containing all songs from the playlists within the folder.
- Start playing from the playlist folder on desktop, then transfer playback to the Android app via Connect

Thanks!

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star

Actually - the feature was available until very recently.  It was available in the Android app last month (February).  It's available for desktop and iOS. Please bring it back for Android! Your workarounds don't work for users away from their desktops, and it's a major hassle to have to update the 'master' playlist every time you add songs to the other playlists - just to be able to shuffle multiple playlists. PLEASE BRING BACK SHUFFLE PLAYLIST FOLDER!!!!

@SpotifyCares has via Twitter-IM confirmed that this option was deliberately removed. whole_playlist_folder_play_removed..PNG
Edit:
Support partion here:
[Android][Music] Bring Back "Shuffle All" for Playlist Folders

That's sad very sad...

This is the main feature I use. Bring it back!!!!!!

Also people have multiple playlist because of the playlist shuffle limit. That was already a workout. This realy blows. 

Am also very annoyed that they have removed this key feature of the android app.  Really unacceptable.  Here is a temporary workaround.

The change appears to have happed with the update to version 7.8.0.607. 

Download the APK for the earlier version 7.7.0.1179 from one of the APK mirrors such as here

You may have to uninstall the more recent version before installing this one.  Then turn off "auto-update" in the play store settings, or it will be overwritten again.

However a workaround is not an acceptable solution.  Spotify should bring back this key function WITHOUT DELAY!!!

I am also extremely annoyed that this key function of the spotify android app has been removed.  It does seem to have happened with the update to Version 7.8.0.607.

I managed to find a temprorary workaround by downloading the APK for the earlier version Spotify Music 7.7.0.1179 from here

You may have to uninstall the more recent version before installing this one.  Then turn off "auto-update" in the play store settings, or it will be overwritten again.

Although this work around brings back this functionality, it is not an acceptable long term solution.  Spotify must bring back this function WITHOUT DELAY!!!

we should all let them know that's a game changer feature and that's lame to just throw it away... (sending message to @spotifycares)

The apk which is linked to in a previous post doesn't seem to install on my Samsung Galaxy S7. Has this version been blocked by Spotify? I did switch off the security setting in my phone preventing installs from unknown sources as well as in my anti-virus app.

Suggested posts