Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Restarting my phone duplicates it as an offline device

Solved!

Restarting my phone duplicates it as an offline device

I've run into a problem with my phone, a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I need to reboot it every now and then (to fix an odd stuttering bug on bluetooth), but the problem is, everytime I reboot, Spotify is unable to recognize it, so it adds a duplicate of the phone into my "Offline Device" list. After restarting three times, I'm told that I'm over the limit of three offline devices, and it desyncs my phone, so I end up re-downloading all my songs all over again.

Deleting any of the three duplicate "offline devices" in the account settings immediately desyncs my phone as well, and I still will have to re-download all the songs again.

This is the only device I use for offline play, so it's ridiculous that Spotify keeps adding the same device over and over into my offline device list. Anyone else encounter this? Any solution?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @RebellionZero1

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for your post!

This sounds an odd one, but don't worry - I'm sure I can help 🙂

The best place to start would be by removing those offline devices again. This time, after removing them, try reinstalling the Spotify app - making sure to remove any Spotify Cache data too. Also, do you have an SD card inserted in the device? If so, make sure that all Spotify files are removed from this too.

Let me know how these steps help with your trouble.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @RebellionZero1

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for your post!

This sounds an odd one, but don't worry - I'm sure I can help 🙂

The best place to start would be by removing those offline devices again. This time, after removing them, try reinstalling the Spotify app - making sure to remove any Spotify Cache data too. Also, do you have an SD card inserted in the device? If so, make sure that all Spotify files are removed from this too.

Let me know how these steps help with your trouble.

Looks like it was a faulty installation of the app. I tested it by restarting my phone a few times with and without a cache, and it still duplicated the phone. It finally went away after I removed all the offline devices, the cache, uninstalled the app then reinstalled. Doesn't duplicate my phone anymore.

Back to the music! Thanks for your help Jason!

You're welcome 🙂

Let me know if there's anything else that I can help with. I'll come running to the rescue!

I've been having this problem too. Have tried a full cache/data wipe, uninstall, restart and reinstall. Will let you know if it happens again.

Mine is a Sony Xperia Z3.

Suggested posts