Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reverting to a previous update (from version 8.5.6.673)

Solved!

Reverting to a previous update (from version 8.5.6.673)

My Question or Issue

This new UI update has made accessing music I've saved over the years nigh impossible, showing music I have downloaded in artists and albums in random order (instead of alphabetical), showing playlists in random order (instead of by date of making it),  as well as causing significantly longer loading times since the last version.

So how can I revert to the previous version of the app -- something many services give users access to and this would be a great time for it. Or would I have to download a copy from another website (which would not be terribly safe, but could also be avoided by Spotify giving users access to previous versions).

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Nexus 6P

Operating System

Adroid 8.1.0

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I spoke with support and they pointed me to a more reputable seeming appstore called uptodown ( https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/old ). Thanks though! If anyone follows this, you'll want to uninstall the current app and then install 8.4.95.785

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @Gracchus123 thanks for reaching out to the community,

I know they removed the feature, a while back in fact.  You can download the older versions from Filehorse.com or Filehippo.com, but Filehorse has the old ones. Please note, those are 3rd party websites so download the apps at your own risk.

Best,

Jack 🙂

Marked as solution

I spoke with support and they pointed me to a more reputable seeming appstore called uptodown ( https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/old ). Thanks though! If anyone follows this, you'll want to uninstall the current app and then install 8.4.95.785

Great!

PERFECT!

Dude, thanks a lot. After a lot of headache after each update, this solved it for me.

I just selected a random old version (swiping down for a minute) and BAM, it works. No more BS updates and OoPs SoMeThiNg WeNt WrOnG.

Suggested posts