Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

S3 Inbox crash

Solved!

S3 Inbox crash

Description

Since moving from IOS to a Galaxy S3 GT-19300 I have been unable to launch the Inbox.  Every time that I select it the app instantly crashes and offers me the opportunity to send a crash report to Spotify.  Multiple reinstalls (powering handset off inbetween uninstall and reinstall) to no avail.  Followed the troubleshooting guide to the letter, the folder that it suggested I delete (data\com.spotify. something or other) before reinstalling was not there.  Issue has now been present for several weeks.  Has never worked.  Worked fine on IOS, works fine on desktop.

Friend with same handset does not have this issue.

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

Open Spotify

Select menu button at top left (square button with three lines)

Select Inbox

App crashes every time

What I expected to happen

Expected Inbox contents to be displayed

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes

Your device

Galaxy S3 GT-19300

Device’s Operating System

Ice Cream Sandwich (stock Samsung Touchwiz)

What type of account do you have?

Premium

Space left on your device

3 GB

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)

N/A

Is your device rooted?

No

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

No

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

No

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

No

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

Yes

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

0.8.4.124.ga3559d86

My mobile provider and country

Orange, UK

My username

teamgamy

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

Yes

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

Spotify login

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

No

26 Replies

Right. Inbox is clear, and I reckon we might have a resolution on our hands. It now displays a blank white screen titled "Inbox", which looks to me like it might be an empty Inbox. I'm going to wait until I can get someone to send me a track though before I declare it a victory - could anyone here maybe send me a test track (username: teamgamy)?

Ladies and gents, we have a resolution.  Thank you for your time.  It's been emotional.

I send to you with Spotify my favorite track now so keep an eye on your Inbox: ItaloBrothers – My Life Is A Party - R.I.O. Edit

Hope all works fine now.

Thanks - ironically that track is unavailable to me (regional issues I assume). However other tracks are working, so I remain happy. Your track did look intriguingly peppy though.

Hey there!

Yes, it maybe related to regional issues. However if you want to enjoy, just see it on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPvkY_KwBXo

Nothing can stop the dance!

Cheers.

Ha! It's peppy, but it's got nothing on the original!
http://open.spotify.com/track/1ZTj7jKWEnfpmcZRuURLA0

Great that our advices helped. Like I said, step by step, and clearing the inbox was one 🙂 Great that you can again use it efficiently and that you didn't have to factory reset 🙂

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Suggested posts