Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

I have used a SanDisk 64GB SD-card for my music and photos for some time now, years actually. I've had issues like Spotify automatically switching my downloads to my internal memory, which has caused my phone to become useless since my memory is full, but I've coped. Now my SD-card is corrupted and I found out through my computer that the cache file on my SD-card is to blame, more specifically the primary.ldb file. I've tried formatting my card, but it won't work. I've tried deleting the file in question but I'm not allowed.

3 Replies

Hi @knodel,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

It's odd that this single file is corrupting the whole SD card, but there are some things we can try here. 

If the file is not letting you delete it, we suggest you uninstall Spotify from your phone using these specific steps. After the app and the files are removed from your phone, try to format your SD card again. Does it make a difference? 

If it doesn't do the trick, please let us know what's the error or message you get when you try to delete the file or format the SD card.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me.

When trying to format, I get the message: Windows cannot complete formatting.

When running the chkdsk /f command in command prompt this is the message i got: Corruption was found while examining files in directory \Android\data\com.spotify.music\files\spotifycache\Users\sondpe-user\primary.ldb\ (33).

When trying to delete said file, I get the error: Error 0x80070570: The file or folder is corrupted and cannot be read.

Write protection is off.

Hi there @knodel,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

In this case we suggest that you reach out to the card manufacturer for help regarding this.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Have a great Friday and a wonderful start of your weekend 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts