1. Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(Xiaomi Red mi Note 9 Pro)

Operating System

(Android Pie) 

My Question or Issue

I own a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro and the Spotify freezes completely 'everytime' when touching any of the 3 buttons menu on the app. The song keeps playing when it freezes. Waiting for the program respond does not help. I can't use 3 buttons to add a song to my lists etc.. 

I pay for a Premium. Now I use my old Iphone 4s for Spotify because of this issue.

As I heard, other Xiaomi model users experience this too. Can you please fix it fast? It's really annoying.

Edit 25/11/19: It's finally solved on my phone with the latest MIUI update. Thank you! 

32 Replies

Good to know that you are dealing with it for 6 months now,

BUT THE BUG IS STILL THERE IN 2020

Are you serious? is this what i'm  paying for??

Same problem with Redmi Note 9 Pro, MIU Global 11.0.4, Android 10 .
Impossible to use Spotify, search very slow almost unresponsive.

Hey there @robbyking78,

Welcome to the Community!

We are aware of this issue and are currently looking into it. Make sure you add your +Vote to this Ongoing Issue thread in order to get notified as soon as there are any updates on the matter.

We cannot say for sure when this issue is going to be fixed, but the right team is working on it!

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Had this problem for two days now. Well, I found a somehow strange solution.

Go to Settings -> App Administration (ehm, I made up this translation myself I have my menu in greek) ->Find spotify ->Battery saving (  Another made up translation) ->Check no limits.

That worked for me! Good luck

Hey there @GiorgosAnt,

Thanks for sharing your troubleshooting with the community!

We're sure that this will work for some users. Nevertheless we encourage you to post this in the Ongoing Issue thread as well, so others might see it too 🙂

Thanks.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

What about Spotify troubleshooting. The problem is STILL NOT SOLVED! It's almost a year has passed!!! I have this issue on two Xiaomi models!

The method with battery saving from the previous reply is not working! What do all Xiaomi users supose to do with that?

This situation is just outrageous!!!!!!!

I have exactly the same problem on Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite with MIUI 12. Battery management has no impact on this issue. 

It seems like Spotify support doesn't exists!!! Today checked this issue on friend's Redmi 7A and everything works.

But issue steel present on my 6A. I think maybe it will be solved only in new 9th version. When will it be released - only  developers knows.

I bought a Redmi Note 8 (4gb RAM/ 64gb ROM) and I have the same problem, at fist I thought that was the Bluetooth because I hear music through a speaker. But when I was using only my phone the app closed 3 times in a row. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled again. I hope I won't have the same problem.

redmi 9 completely bricked

What is going on

Same Problem Poco F3, five sec... stops...plz fix

Ich habe ein Xiaomie Note 10 und bei mir geht es nicht ...ich finde keine Lösung im Internet ich habe ein Spotify Jahresabo und kann es nicht nutzen ...habe es schon neu installiert bestimmt schon 20mal oder so....App Berechtigungen sind auch alle da es geht weder bei einer 250k WiFi Verbindung noch bei einer 100k mobile Daten Verbindung ...ich will endlich wieder Musik hören.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread. We just came across it.

Can you confirm if you followed the steps provided under Clean reinstall here? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We also recommend that you're running the latest OS version.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts