Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

STOP START STOP START HANG HANG AGAIN when all I want to do is play a downloaded playlist

STOP START STOP START HANG HANG AGAIN when all I want to do is play a downloaded playlist

Firstly yesterday it kept STOPPING every time I went from no internet connection to having one. Hey, mobiles do that. That is NO REASON TO STOP PLAYING MY DOWNLOADED PLAYLIST.

Today I am trying to play a downloaded playlist AND IT JUST KEEPS STOPPING TO HAVE A MIGHTY HANG SO THAT YOUR **bleep** SOFTWARE CAN DO ITS OWN AGENDA INSTEAD OF WHAT I ASKED IT TO DO.

FFS STOP WORKING ON YOUR NEW **bleep** FEATURES AND JUST GET THE BASICS TO WORK.

8 Replies

Have you tried to reinstall your spotify app with cleaning cache?

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

STFU I am not going to do that.

What a totally dreadful idea. That means I won't have my playlists downloaded that I want to listen to.

Just let me work on your software, Spotify. I can fix all this stuff.

None of this "re-install the app with cleaning cache" nonsense. Instead a "defragment-cache" or whatever option that would keep ALL Your downloaded files but might the cache to rebuild (by moving stuff around your SD card or whatever).

Even if it takes 5-10 minutes to do and you can't listen during this time, it is a lot better than asking anyone to reinstall the app with cleaning cache.

so im not the only one with this **bleep**ing annoying **bleep**ty bug ... i even did a factory reset to my phone and yes, this is still going ... i live in argentina and i go online and offline all the time, im lucky if i can listen 1 complete song. so, any fix ? ...

Reinstalled spotify, reset all my data, even on a new 32GB SD card instead of the old 16GB one that wasn't working properly.

My downloaded playlists cache has no more than 200 songs in it. I have downloaded just 3 playlists, one of 100 songs, and others of about 40 each.

Start playing one this morning and as it reaches the end of the first song, just STOPS. Then start, stop, start. Go to my settings to try to go "offline mode". But no, settings just gives me a black screen and whirling green thing.

What exactly your application is "busy" doing I have no idea.

1. The spotify "player" should be a separate process. There are 3 actions, start, stop and pause. Stop means exit. It means stop running the process. Pause means keep the process alive in a wait state.

2. The UI should either be in its own process or a high priority thread.

3. The service should run in the background, and only when I want to be using it. It receives events and can send stuff to the player. I should have the right to decide which events I am interested in.

- What one of my friends listened to is of no interest to me and I don't want it using up my CPU cycles. What I listen to is none of the business of my friends, the only thing I want them to know is when I add or modify a public playlist.

- Newly released music by artists I am following should be a daily subscribe and go into my inbox. That is newly released music, not an album from 5 years ago getting added back to spotify.

Here we go, happening again.

I AM IN OFFLINE MODE. THE ONLY THING YOUR STUPID APP SHOULD DO IN OFFLINE MODE IS PLAY A PLAYLIST I HAVE DOWNLOADED.

I HAVE DOWNLOADED 3 PLAYLISTS WITH 100, 36 AND 34 SONGS RESPECTIVELY. THAT IS ONLY 170 SONGS.

THERE IS NO REASON FOR YOUR APP TO CONSUME 52MB OF DATA OR DO WHATEVER IT IS DOING OTHER THAN PLAY MY SONGS.

They had an update yesterday JUST TO ADD A STUPID FEATURE I DON'T WANT.

I don't know what an Android-enabled car is, but when I want to listen to Spotify in my car I sit with it plugged in to my ear piece. Something to connect the jack to car speakers would be useful but I don't see why Spotify need to roll anything out for that.

I WANT YOU TO FIX THE BASICS SO IT PLAYS WITHOUT STOPPING FOR NO REASON, FFS.

at least they update your app .. i have nothing .. lol .. its sad ... fix this thing

Update me to bug me about features I don't want.

Meanwhile in OFFLINE mode it still went into a message HANG and became NON-RESPONSIVE instead of just playing.

And my phone rebooted AGAIN for no particular reason when a phonecall was hung up, and LOST MY PLACE AGAIN.

Suggested posts