Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Galaxy Ace: new version of spotify is not compatible with the device

Solved!

Samsung Galaxy Ace: new version of spotify is not compatible with the device

Hello World,

i got a problem with my ace. Since yesterday, when the new version of spotify was available, my ace won´t install the new one. It says that my device is not compatible for this version of spotify. Will there be a fix or do i have to buy a new cellphone?

181 Replies

Just for referance, this is my customer support query and spotify's response

-I have cancelled my subscription, as your new update no longer supports my phone, which is a Samsung Galaxy Ace, ARM v6 phone. It appears you have not listed on your website that you were going to drop support for my device and further more it is still not mentioned on your website. This is not just an 'older device' as it is still on current contract from a major UK retailer.
I feel disappointed in your service. If you resume support I may continue my subscription, but I'm now wary about how I will be treated in the future.
Yours
Charles Fraser

--REPLY Jun 10

Hi Charles,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The model will still be supported and our development team are working on an updated app for your phones operating system. The new versions compatibility has caused a problem that we hope to have resolved very soon.

I am sorry that this unexpected situation has cause you and other valued customers to become upset, that really was the last thing we would ever do.

If you have any questions please let us know.

I have the same poblem. No reponse for my mail.

Description

Cannot update to the newest version of spotify and the old one has been disabled

'Your device is not supported' in google play

Device’s Operating System

2.3.6 Gingerbread

I've cancelled my subscription to Premium as I'm a firm believer that when I pay for a product I should receive said product. I have had no notification from Spotify that they were pulling the plug on on the product and yet my money has left my account. Clearly there is a problem with communication from Spotify because if any other seller had issues with delivering the product or service I had paid for in time (or at all) I would expect a level of contact about this and would have a level of understanding. The fact that my Galaxy version of Spotify terminated this morning and I had to search to find the information about what had happened tells me that my custom and faith in the brand is misplaced.

i got a problem with my phone. ,When the new version of spotify was available, my phone won´t install the new one. It says that my device is not compatible for this version of spotify. Will there be a fix or do i have to buy a new cellphone?

@thievo wrote:

i got a problem with my phone. ,When the new version of spotify was available, my phone won´t install the new one. It says that my device is not compatible for this version of spotify. Will there be a fix or do i have to buy a new cellphone?

General "message" from Spotify now is there will be a fix for older devices in the near future, but no solid release date. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Having trouble loading the new version of spotify on my phone.   I went off and bought a larger sd card but still nothing.  Now I read hear that my phone is not compatible and there will be no fix.  In that case what option do I have?

Buy a new cellphone? (that I havent planned for), or cancell my premium membership and use the money to buy discs to download on my phone aagain, seen as it is the only device I have for listening to my music. ?

Hi guys,

Just to let you all know that I contacted the spotify support team and they are working to fix it and make it compatible. I've also asked if they have any idea when this fix will be completed so I'll post on this thread once I get a reply!

I too am having the same problem on my Galaxy Ace and don't see the point in filling out the long winded form in this case. Spotify - please fix it so I can get what I paid for. Can I have a refund for the month plus that I couldn't use the service I've paid for???

I'm still on Spotify as I (still can) use it on my Netbook and on my PC. But I'm pretty annoyed and will change in the future if they don't fix it. 
But this "incident" convinced my wife to use Deezer instead of Spotify (We have phones of the same type) - and she's happy with Deezer.

😞

I have also had this problem since the 'update'. I have been waiting patiently for something to happen. So, why has nothing happened?

Withdrawing a service seems pretty out of order. I feel somewhat cheated out of my money this month. Could someone, please, give an ACUTAL estimate of how long, or if ever, this is going to take to sort out? Oh and I imagine that I am going to be charged the standard monthly charge again huh?

I'm very angry with this situation. I can't believe you guys were stupid enough to do this.

I've been a Premium user since April 2013 and seriously loved your service, but the Monday of the last week I saw that fateful message saying that the app was no longer supported and asking me to install the new app, and when I went to Google Play to do it I found the same thing that all these users, my phone (a Galaxy Y) is not compatible and I've been abandoned by Spotify suddenly and with no choice.

Why did you do this? Why despise your customers in such a blatant manner? I've been in contact with some people of Support asking for solutions and all they have told me is that you're working to bring back the support for earlier versions, but why didn't you do this from the beginning? While I wait for you to fix your mess I'm here without music, without the service I've paid for, and I don't know how much longer I have to wait.

Don't think that I've not read the notes on the update, I did it, but don't accept it. Because the account of one user was accessed the only solution you came up was to launch a different application that doesn't support a lot of devices, seriously? What kind of solution is that?

What I see here is a total lack of planning, you didn't think things well enough and launched an application made half (I read the reviews of those who have been able to install it and too many complain about its lot of bugs) that only has caused more problems, but the worst thing was that you not bothered to fix those flaws before disable support for the previous version and force us to use it, leaving many of us stranded.

If I could I would move to another service right now, this is the last straw of a lot of negligence and carelessness that have endured from you all this time, but I have a lot of playlists and still more than a year and a half of monthly payments prepaid, so the least I can do is ask you to hurry up and bring back the support for the previous version, as well as a compensation for the time you're leaving us without service.

And please don't remove again the support for older versions until have tested enough the new ones and be sure that they work well.

Hey there.

It's now possible again to get Spotify on old devices running with ARMv5.

Just go to Play Market and install your appe.

Thnk you and apologies about this stuff.

By the way the community is not working, I can't see all messages in this thread.

Hi, experiencing very same and this the response i got. got to love'm.

hey Tim Great to hear from you

how you doing today? (smiley-face)

I know this is less than ideal situation however most of the older android phones, particularly devices using older RMv5, ARMv6 based processors, are nolonger compatable with the spotify app.

You can still use spotify on the new eversios Anfriod and iOS phomes and on yr desktopp pc.

sorry can't be urther help

all best

Kind regards

Matt advisor

Me phone f**k too, perhaps they would like replace it. Should you get further  please let me know

grrrh...TKso23

Marked as solution

Not sure about compatibility, but armv5 support has been added back in with the latest version (which I would assume also supports v6.

Release notes:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Announcements/Release-notes-Spotify-for-Android/m-p/835329/h...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

OK, so new version is out and I have dl'd. Thank you, finally.  Just one thing before I go though...

It seemed the general attitude from spotify could be summed up as thinking that our devices became incompatible with their app. I think this contains a subtle error:

Dear Spotify,

Your app became incompatible with my device. Not the other way around. I didn't do squat. You did.

Naughty Spotify.

Anyway, thanks again for finally solving this issue. x

😄

aqui no meu ace duos 6802B voltou ao normal, mas isso com certeza afetou a credibilidade do spotify, espero decisões futuras serem bem pensadas antes de ser executadas...

google translator:

here in my ace duos 6802B returned to normal, but it certainly affected the credibility of spotify, I hope future decisions are well thought out before being implemented ...

Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

Just to confirm what's already been posted above. The new version of the app (v1.1.1) is once again fully compatible with ARMv5 devices.

Sorry again for anyone who was left temporarily without their music. And thanks for bearing with us whilst we got this sorted for you.

Happy listening!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi,

I have Samsung Galaxy Gio, and Spotify still doesn't work for me at all....

With so many other options out there, if this issue won't be fixed, I'd have to choose another service...

Suggested posts