Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Galaxy S3

Solved!

Samsung Galaxy S3

Hi someone please help me because I am tearing my hair out and I am paying a tenner a month as well as having a 64gb memory card.

All I want to do is to synch my files onto my memory card and I have read around on the forums but I do not get the SD card option on my log in screen stated elsewhere , and I do not have the clear saved data option on my forums.

Someone pleaseeeee help! Because I have 60gb of space on my SD that I desparetly need to use for my spotify files!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Re: How do you put storage on external SD on day release?
Options
Friday

This is exactly what I did:

First make sure all the old data (songs, etc.) have been completely erased from the phone and external SD card
2.and then uninstall the new application
Third retrieve the "old" program: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9bwd3qqx2x286h/SpotifyA ndroid.apk
4th install it (make sure you have "install from Unknow sources" enabled on your device)
5a start the program, and then log off, if you are logged in automatically.
5b from the login screen, click on your phones menu button, press the "reset Spotify" and press ok.
6a is still on the login screen, press the menu button again and select "select SD Location"
6b at this point would suggest "/ mnt / sdcard" - this is not your external SD card. The phone's internal memory. You must change it to "/ mnt / extSdCard" NOTE: This is from my Galaxy S3, and may vary from phone to phone
7, when this has been changed, test it - note both phone memory status and the external SD card, and see what decreses after saving a few songs
8 If it is now to save on the external SD card, you can visit Google Play and upgrade to the new version of Spotify (without uninstalling the old version or change any settings)

If this does not work for you, so I do not know what will - excuses. Hopefully you were simply not doing a part 6b properly ...

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@Egidio wrote:
That link no longer works.  Is there another location to obtain an older version of Spotify?

I wrote this in a different thread. This is a different link, to my own Dropbox version:

Once it has a cache, even when you upgrade the program, it keeps the cache in the same place. This is the workaround:

- Delete everything related to Spotify. Clear Data, delete the cache, everything.

- Uninstall Spotify app

- Install this old version

- Before logging in, hit menu and select Set Storage Spot

- Cache a playlist

- Upgrade through the market to the newest version

As long as there's a song or two cached, it'll keep the spotify cache in the same place when you upgrade. 

Marked as solution

How come when I want to play a song I downl loaded it tells me for premium member only and i'm a premium member I payed 9.99 for this and I get same reply im getting fustrated.

21 Replies

Neither option exists in the latest version of the app. This thread is still on the first page of the forum: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/How-do-you-set-storage-to-external-SD-on-today-s-rele...
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Marked as solution

Options
Friday

This is exactly what I did:

First make sure all the old data (songs, etc.) have been completely erased from the phone and external SD card
2.and then uninstall the new application
Third retrieve the "old" program: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9bwd3qqx2x286h/SpotifyA ndroid.apk
4th install it (make sure you have "install from Unknow sources" enabled on your device)
5a start the program, and then log off, if you are logged in automatically.
5b from the login screen, click on your phones menu button, press the "reset Spotify" and press ok.
6a is still on the login screen, press the menu button again and select "select SD Location"
6b at this point would suggest "/ mnt / sdcard" - this is not your external SD card. The phone's internal memory. You must change it to "/ mnt / extSdCard" NOTE: This is from my Galaxy S3, and may vary from phone to phone
7, when this has been changed, test it - note both phone memory status and the external SD card, and see what decreses after saving a few songs
8 If it is now to save on the external SD card, you can visit Google Play and upgrade to the new version of Spotify (without uninstalling the old version or change any settings)

If this does not work for you, so I do not know what will - excuses. Hopefully you were simply not doing a part 6b properly ...

AAAAh i need some Help too, my Galaxy S3 has many Troubles with Spotify : u cant end the program normally, if u close it in the Taskmanager it just ignores that and plays further, if u want 2 look through the "waiting"-list where the albumcovers are in, it just freezes without stopping the music, goes back 2 home screen and tells me : "Spotify stopped" with option 2 ignore or 2 send report....... Could someone help? am i the only one usin a s3 and havin these problems?

Make sure you've followed all the trouble shooting steps in PerBonomi's thread http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Trouble-with-the-latest-release-Let-us-know/td-p/8636...
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

@Chr1212 wrote:

Third retrieve the "old" program: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9bwd3qqx2x286h/SpotifyAndroid.apk

That link no longer works.  Is there another location to obtain an older version of Spotify?

Marked as solution

@Egidio wrote:

I wrote this in a different thread. This is a different link, to my own Dropbox version:

Once it has a cache, even when you upgrade the program, it keeps the cache in the same place. This is the workaround:

- Delete everything related to Spotify. Clear Data, delete the cache, everything.

- Uninstall Spotify app

- Install this old version

- Before logging in, hit menu and select Set Storage Spot

- Cache a playlist

- Upgrade through the market to the newest version

As long as there's a song or two cached, it'll keep the spotify cache in the same place when you upgrade. 

Thank you.  It worked well just as described.  I've started to download some of my playlists to my 32 GB card.

Thank you so much! I would although like to add one extra step that I had to do in order to make it work (also on GalaxyS3):

6c: Explore the internal sdcard (\mnt\sdcard\) with eg. "ES File Explorer" and delete the subfolder <\mnt\sdcard\Android\data\com.spotify.mobile.android.ui>, before moving on with logging in and testing to download some songs.

Older versions can be found from http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/REQUEST-Previous-version-of-the-client-APK/m-p/79997#...

They have been tested by me on my devices. .180 is the best older version that I have used.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

I just upgraded to a Galaxy S III yesterday (from an S II) and, even after following all the instructions (including deleting the subfolder <\mnt\sdcard\Android\data\com.spotify.mobile.android.ui>) the latest version of Spotify seems to insist on using the internal SD card instead of the 64gb card I have installed. Other apps are using the card with no issues. Any thoughts?

I'm having similar issues too... I've done all of the above but when spotify asks me for the path name to my external sd card it won't accept it.  I have the S3 and have tried /mnt/extsdcard/    I've also tried   /mnt/sdcard/external_sd
and a few variations of this... Can anyone help me please???

"I'm having similar issues too... I've done all of the above but when spotify asks me for the path name to my external sd card it won't accept it.  I have the S3 and have tried /mnt/extsdcard/    I've also tried   /mnt/sdcard/external_sd
and a few variations of this... Can anyone help me please???"

Capitalization matters. "/mnt/extSdCard"

MY PROBLEM: This worked for me a few weeks ago then I had to do a full reset on my GSIII because it wasn't receiving SMS. NOW the old spotify app closes OVER AND OVER again. Anyone else have this problem??

Marked as solution

How come when I want to play a song I downl loaded it tells me for premium member only and i'm a premium member I payed 9.99 for this and I get same reply im getting fustrated.

Kevin0251,

That has nothing to do with this thread. Use the search feature and post in a thread germane to your problem.

@tannerrobinson wrote:

MY PROBLEM: This worked for me a few weeks ago then I had to do a full reset on my GSIII because it wasn't receiving SMS. NOW the old spotify app closes OVER AND OVER again. Anyone else have this problem??

I get random issues every time I install the old app. My solution is always to Clear Data, Uninstall, manually delete anything on the phone or sd card, reboot the phone, then reinstall the old app. I've had to do this five times in a row before so that it would work properly.

Also, one time it just ended up being a crappy MicroSD card. The minute I got a new one, it worked instantly.

Thanks, cr3amy. I eventually uninstalled some things and cleared my ram before opening the old app. It stayed open just long enough to let me create a new playlist and download a song into it.... Then it crashed.

lol!

Thank you very much!

Your advices worked for me.

I removed all data. I installed the old Spotify apk. I removed all data. I unsinstalled the new one. I installed the old Spotify and then just before loging in... you must open the menu for preferences... and then you will see the option of the sdcard. Once you set up the new path for the extSdCard, then you can log in. Once you are in, then select some list to be available in off line mode... and then they will be downloaded in the the external card, by this way you will have already a location that when you will do the upgrade the new Spotify will have to respect.

After that just go to Googleplay and make and update.

Suggested posts