Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Tablet UI & landscape mode

Hi, At the moment spotify is really missing a working UI for tablets and landscape mode for all android devices. Both of these are really basic functionalities and also essential for good user experience. When are these features expected to appear?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   At the moment spotify is really missing a working UI for tablets and landscape mode for all android devices. Both of these are really basic functionalities and also essential for good ...
  • nikgare
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Taylor Swift song (local file) won't sync

I downloaded "We are Never Getting Back Together" by Taylor Swift from iTunes (so it should be DRM free). It syncs fine with Spotify on my iPhone, but won't on my Nexus 7. I deleted the cache and tried even making the song its own playlist. It says t...

• Casual Listener
  • I downloaded "We are Never Getting Back Together" by Taylor Swift from iTunes (so it should be DRM free). It syncs fine with Spotify on my iPhone, but won't on my Nexus 7. I deleted the cache and tri...
  • Maerdikai
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Importing Playlist

I have created an mP3 playilst by converting WMA files to MP3. When I import the playlist to Spotify, some of the tracks have the artist greyed out and although they play on my computer, they will not play via my phone or my TIVO service. They are vi...

• Casual Listener
  • I have created an mP3 playilst by converting WMA files to MP3. When I import the playlist to Spotify, some of the tracks have the artist greyed out and although they play on my computer, they will no...
  • Blockyb
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Clear/remove downloaded music from SD

The option in menus to clear downloaded playlists/songs is deeply missing from the earlier version! When i "undownloading" a playlist it's not erased but it's left in cache. This shouldn't be so. When i remove a downloaded playlist it should be clear...

• Music Fan
  • The option in menus to clear downloaded playlists/songs is deeply missing from the earlier version! When i "undownloading" a playlist it's not erased but it's left in cache. This shouldn't be so. Whe...
  • scrufjz1
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

downloaded playlists not available in flight mode

When i sync playlists so that I can listen to them offline on my galaxy note they disappear when i put the phone in to flight mode. I have some old downloaded playlists appearing, but any new ones that i try and sync do not appear. When i connect the...

• When i sync playlists so that I can listen to them offline on my galaxy note they disappear when i put the phone in to flight mode.   I have some old downloaded playlists appearing, but any ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

last.fm scrobbling whilst offline mode????

hi all, the scrobbling feature is new to me (as i've been waiting for playcounts etc to make charts, but found out last.fm offers it via scrobbling, so here goes!) just a question though, which is really important to me - does spotify scrobble to las...

• Roadie
  • hi all, the scrobbling feature is new to me (as i've been waiting for playcounts etc to make charts, but found out last.fm offers it via scrobbling, so here goes!)   just a question though, ...
  • takingbackbenny
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with disappearing lists

Hi! I am having problems with my synced lists disappearing from my android phone after a short while offline... Does anyone know hot to fix it??

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!  I am having problems with my synced lists disappearing from my android phone after a short while offline...  Does anyone know hot to fix it?? 
  • supra9126
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

"Unknown Error" every time adding new track, and playlists not syncing

Every time I add a new song to a playlst, I get the error "Unknown Error" and I hit continue and it just dissappears, but it happens repeatedly and I'm not really sure what the error means. The songs then aren't downloading to my phone. Additionally,...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I add a new song to a playlst, I get the error "Unknown Error" and I hit continue and it just dissappears, but it happens repeatedly and I'm not really sure what the error means. The songs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download playlists to my Android anymore

I have an Samsung Galaxy S2 and a spotify premium that should work til this summer (2013) but now suddenly when I lock in the "download" buttom it stands: "Offline syncing has stopped as there's no space laft on this device". I tried un-donload playl...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an Samsung Galaxy S2 and a spotify premium that should work til this summer (2013) but now suddenly when I lock in the "download" buttom it stands: "Offline syncing has stopped as there's no s...
  • Monali98
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

channels

Can someone tell me how to edit/delete channels or songs? Thank you!

• Casual Listener
  • Can someone tell me how to edit/delete channels or songs? Thank you!
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Moving playlist from PC to phone

Is there a way to download the playlist via my wired connection and move it to my galaxy s2? I used up my fast internet and downloading the playlist with my mobile app doesn't work for some reason. Streaming laggs.

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way to download the playlist via my wired connection and move it to my galaxy s2?   I used up my fast internet and downloading the playlist with my mobile app doesn't work for som...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Station management.

This should be an option. I want to delete and rename stations. If you're listening to a station based on X you might like songs with certain elements differently than if you were in anoher mood or setting. With this system you could explore subgenre...

• This should be an option. I want to delete and rename stations. If you're listening to a station based on X you might like songs with certain elements differently than if you were in anoher mood or s...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Landscape mode app for tablets?

Hi, As a Premium user, I use Spotify of course also on my tablet and smartphone. But with either of these mobile devices standing in their docking station the Spotify app becomes very tricky to use because it only supports portrait mode!!! When will ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   As a Premium user, I use Spotify of course also on my tablet and smartphone. But with either of these mobile devices standing in their docking station the Spotify app becomes very tric...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Synch Error - Too Long?

So I downloaded a 30+ live performance from NPR and it is saved onto my Mac's HD. The file has its own playlist and successfully synched on the desktop app but will not synch on my phone. Samsung Droid Charge Android (not rooted) 2.3.6 Spotify versio...

SC20121227-035214.png Screen Shot 2012-12-27 at 4.11.27 AM.png
  • So I downloaded a 30+ live performance from NPR and it is saved onto my Mac's HD. The file has its own playlist and successfully synched on the desktop app but will not synch on my phone. Samsung Dro...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

shuffle

I would love to see two things within mobile Spotify. 1, An alphebetical play list. And 2, shuffle playback. Is there any chance these will happen anytime soon?Regards.Matt L.

• Casual Listener
  • I would love to see two things within mobile Spotify. 1, An alphebetical play list. And 2, shuffle playback. Is there any chance these will happen anytime soon? Regards. Matt L.
  • MattLinsin
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

I would like to see Volume normalization in Android app

Hey developers. I would like to see a volume normalization option to your sweet app. Much like a option in Windows Desktop, so I can hear all songs in same volume. Now sometimes some songs are louder than others. Also the option to hide unplayable co...

• Visitor
  • Hey developers.   I would like to see a volume normalization option to your sweet app. Much like a option in Windows Desktop, so I can hear all songs in same volume. Now sometimes some songs...
  • AbraxasCafe
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Bug: Deleting song from playlist deletes song underneath it

I was listening to a song from my liked from radio playlist, but I no longer liked it so I tried deleting it from the playlist. However, the app kept deleting the song right under it. I lost a few songs before I realized the issue and paused the curr...

• I was listening to a song from my liked from radio playlist, but I no longer liked it so I tried deleting it from the playlist. However, the app kept deleting the song right under it. I lost a few so...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

radio channels

How do I delete channels or songs?Thank you!

• Casual Listener
  • How do I delete channels or songs? Thank you!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

disconnecting a bluetooth headset while playing music means app must be killed ...

100 char limit in subject is dumb: disconnecting a bluetooth headset while playing music means app must be killed before playback will continue Listening to music via bluetooth headset. Headset was running low on juice. Turned off headset, plugged in...

• Gig Goer
  • 100 char limit in subject is dumb:    disconnecting a bluetooth headset while playing music means app must be killed before playback will continue   Listening to music via blue...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify drops out even when 4G is doing just fine

Okay this is strange. There are 3 roads that I know of in the Philadelphia area where Spotify cuts out for a period of time. On Lincoln Drive and Chreshem Rd. in Philly and Swamp Road (Rt 313) in Doylestown. Like I said in the title the 4G is going s...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay this is strange. There are 3 roads that I know of in the Philadelphia area where Spotify cuts out for a period of time. On Lincoln Drive and Chreshem Rd. in Philly and Swamp Road (Rt 313) in Doy...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes