Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Gear s3

Samsung Gear s3

The Samsung gear s3 had now been released and the website talks about spotify integration. I just can't get it working, has anyone else got a gear s3 and had any luck please?
Cheers, Mark
24 Replies

Hi. Do you have the official spotify app installed on your S3? What mobile phone is it paired with and what exactly doesn't work?

Had this issue with my friends mobile set up. Update the Gear app and make sure your spotify  is up to date as well.

Thank you for the replies. I uninstalled and re installed Spotify yesterday on my phone (S7). Because the watch is a Samsung Gear the only way I can see to install apps is through the gear store and there isn't a spotify app on there.
So I'm not sure how the integration is supposed to work however on the Samsung website there are screen grabs of spotify playlists being selected on the watch however I can play, pause and skip on my watch (which I also could on my apple watch) you can't bring up playlists. Samsung make a point of including spotify integration as a big thing on the watch advert however I can't see how it works and Samsung (when contacted) about it referred me to spotify. It's an odd one.

The same thing happened when the Gear Fit 2 launched. I guess that all you can do is to get in touch with Spotify and Samsung support. 

Did you have any luck? I really want to know how to get the spotify app onto the gear 3, the only music app on the phone connects to the samsaung music. 

If spotify is playing music on your phone, you can use the stock music app on the phone to control spotify. You should also see the album art on your watch.

Of course, but I can't access my playlists or change songs in a meaningful
way, during a run for example.
This is what Samsung's website shows: http://imgur.com/a/FoiJc

http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/gear-s3/experience/

Thanks

I was just replying to your statement that "the only music app on the phone connects to the samsaung music" in case you weren't aware you could control spotify from the watch. As to the official Spotify app for Gear S3, as I said above, hassle Spotify and Samsung as this is very much a repeat of the Fitbit 2 launch.

Unfortunately not, spotify did try some things however Samsung were
hopeless and just pushed me in the direction of spotify.
I think it's a Samsung problem because I believe the answer is an app needs
adding to the gear store. I would urge you to raise a call with them
though.
Cheers,
Mark

Unfortunately not, spotify did try some things however Samsung were
hopeless and just pushed me in the direction of spotify.
I think it's a Samsung problem because I believe the answer is an app needs
adding to the gear store. I would urge you to raise a call with them
though.
Cheers,
Mark

I just purchased the Frontier S3 w LTE strictly for the Spotify-without-phone functionality. Has anyone had success installing the app?

It is as per the Gear fit crazy Samsung only offer it on the USA S3.

I am in the U.S.!!

Im in the same boat mate just got mine today and its not obvious how to get Spotify on my gear 3 and it should be.

According to the Samsung Gear S3 Live Stream (Official) at the 23:49 mark, in the lower right corner it says "Availability and launch dates for apps will vary by region". I would take that as the official statement. Sucks because now that I have mine, I want it too. Was really looking forward to that. https://youtu.be/EBmhKLj4Jeg

I tweeted Samsung and this was the response I got!
Screenshot_20161120-131910.png

This is ridiculous. There are definitely not 10,000 apps... of the ones shown on the site both CNN and spotify are missing.

Yeah this is a joke. I've searched all over no Spotify, I Heart Radio only works with phone, no way to move content/music in the Gear app to the watch. No music files show no matter what any genius out there has tried. No Spotify, no music and no Strava. Huge fail by Samsung and false advertising. Spotify should have a huge problem with Samsung advertising their app that is not available

Thats why i took mine back

Suggested posts