Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Save album as new playlist while preserving artist and album name

Solved!

Save album as new playlist while preserving artist and album name

Hi, some time ago, when i saved a complete album as a new playlist, then the name of the artist and the album was automatically taken over as the title of the new playlist, currently this is not the case anymore.

I currently have to manually enter the name of the playlist in the Android app. is that a bug or something wanted? 

I think the current way is very impractical... for me!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Nice try but no prize. The prefilled playlist title was "artist - album title". The title of the first track never came into it.

I agree that for most people, saving an album makes more sense than creating an album playlist. But playlists are a way of bypassing the 10k (from memory) library song limit as it is possible to have a further 10k songs in playlists. This feature was heavily promoted by Spotify when users started complaining about the library limit some years ago so reducing the usability of playlists makes no sense.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hello @xlaox,

You could just save the album and find it under albums under the artist's name. The reason Spotify did this is it realized most albums that people created usually were something other than the actual album in that playlist. It makes it more convient for most users to have a blank name and have them add their own personal touch.

Hope this helps ease your mind.

If this was your solution please mark it as such.

Marked as solution

Nice try but no prize. The prefilled playlist title was "artist - album title". The title of the first track never came into it.

I agree that for most people, saving an album makes more sense than creating an album playlist. But playlists are a way of bypassing the 10k (from memory) library song limit as it is possible to have a further 10k songs in playlists. This feature was heavily promoted by Spotify when users started complaining about the library limit some years ago so reducing the usability of playlists makes no sense.

Hi. I am a bit confused by this recommended answer. I have the same issue where i go to save a new playlist and the title bar is now blank as opposed to automatically filled in with the album title. To which i normally just pressed save. Now it is blank i have to remember and type in the album title and artist.  If I just press save and don't input the playlist name, it calls it 'My Playlist #543' etc. Not sure why if u juat press save it doesn't just put in the title of the album as before.

Screenshot_20180325-093234.jpg

Suggested posts