Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Save stuff without downloading

Solved!

Save stuff without downloading

Is it possible to save albums/songs without downloading them? Right now, every time I save an album Spotify automatically downloads it to my phone. Thanks for the help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. Do you have "download" toggled on  in the "songs" section of your library? If so, when you save an album, the songs are also added to your library so they will be downloaded automatically. They are testing a version with a "me" tab which doesn't save songs when you save an album but this causes other problems so I don't know if this will be rolled out to everyone.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi. Do you have "download" toggled on  in the "songs" section of your library? If so, when you save an album, the songs are also added to your library so they will be downloaded automatically. They are testing a version with a "me" tab which doesn't save songs when you save an album but this causes other problems so I don't know if this will be rolled out to everyone.

Ahhh, perfect, thank you very much! Indeed I did have that button toggled on. Now I can save the albums to my library without downloading them! That saves a lot of space on my phone .... Exactly what I wanted 🙂

Suggested posts