Saved albums not working

Solved!
Highlighted

Betreff: Saved albums not working

arianquint
Casual Listener

So I've been in contact with the Spotify Twitter Support and they've tried everything to fix the bug on my phone, but none of all the reinstalling etc. worked. And even after updating the App two more times nothing has changed. 

But I was told that their best tech folks are looking into this problem, so hopefully there'll be a solution soon.

Betreff: Saved albums not working

ProxiMoxi
Regular

hi!

me the same problems.

i did a clean reinstall on my tablet (android 8) and my honor 5x (emui 4.3).

no albums in library were shown. only the processing circle.

artists and songs and playlists are shown.

desktop player on pc (windows 10) works fine.

spotify app is useless for me now. :-(

greetings

proximoxi

Re: Saved albums not working

otra_vez
Regular

I've got the idea it maybe has to do with the filter function. I changed the filter in the Spotify app of a friend from "alphabetical" to "recently added". Now his albums are in order ofv"recently" added, but the filter function disappeared, so he cannot change the order again. In "artists" and "songs" the filter works without problem. 

Before the albums in my app disappeared the filter was set "recently added". How was yours set? 

Maybe this could help @spotifysupport to fix it asap ... 

Cheers

arianquint
Casual Listener

I'm quite sure I also had "recently added" set, since that's what I usually use.

ProxiMoxi
Regular

hi!

your hint did not work.

under the album menu no filter accessible.

under songs and artists the filters work.

alway the loading circle in the album section.

---

i changed the settings - data location - no solution.

i also changed the permissions of the app (data etc.) - no solution

best regards

proximoxi

BGBrereton
Music Fan

I too had the album display set to recently added. But, like everyone else can no longer change that. Does seem to be a theme is emerging.

otra_vez
Regular

That wasn't meant as an hint, just wanted to share what I observed 😉. So that it maybe cold help to solve that problem. 

David_Corcoran
Music Fan

Just to report I still have the issue. Had a long conversation with @Spotifycares (an oxymoron handle if I ever heard one) and the last contact I had on the 6th Feb was that "Our best tech folks are on the case as we speak. Hopefully we'll have a fix soon!"

I have heard nothing since

christianide

@otra_vez wrote:

Before the albums in my app disappeared the filter was set "recently added". How was yours set? 

My setting for album sorting was also "recently added". The other categories (artist, songs) are sorted alphabetically and still working.

thepest
Music Fan

You might be onto something here, as I was also on "recently added" before the problem started.

SUGGESTED POSTS