Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Saved albums not working

Solved!

Saved albums not working

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Google Pixel

Operating System

Android 9 (P)

My Question or Issue

Saved albums is no longer working for me on the Android app. I just get the constantly spinning green circle. Saved songs and artists still works. Also saved albums is still working through the Android Auto integration. I suspect it's since the update to version 8.4.91.861 I received yesterday. I've tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the app but it makes no difference.

Is this a bug?

54 Replies

same issue here, just updated the app in hopes of there being a fix but still no luck. any word on whether or not the issue is known?

Hopefully it helps adopting a different tone here. I see they're looking into this but I feel like they don't do it seriously enough.

SmartSelect_20190211-171645_Twitter.jpg

@Spotify: Seriously guys, it's really annoying. Please fix this! 

I just installed the newest update but nothing changed, still the spinning wheel in album section. 🙄🙄🙄

With the new "8.4.92.949" it works now for me (Huawei M2 5.1.1 & Meizu M5 Androïd 7.0)

hi and hello!!

still no access to album section in library after update!!!

the new app update did not solve my problem. (Version 8.4.92.949)

I tried to solve the bug with this procedure:

I deleted the cache and the data

Uninstalled the app

a clean re-install of the app Version 8.4.92.949 (vial google playstore)

still the loading circle when accessing the album section

songs and artists access in the library still works fine

sorry, you guys at Spotify: without the chance to use the album section Spotify is totally USELESS for me!

greets,

yours proximoxi

DO A QUICK FIX !!! You knew the problem for over a week!

otherwise i have to cancel my subscripition here ...

MAYBE WE CAN GET AN OFFICIAL REPLY !!??

Same here, tried deleting the cache, clean reinstall - playlists, artists loading as usual, but the album section is not working and I get the never-ending spinning wheel. 

@Spotify: Can you PLEASE fix this?! I pay for Premium and see otherwise no other possibility than changing to another streaming service...

Yesterday I had a long chat with spotify support and we trid out a lot of things. Including me logging into a test account or creating myself a new account and transferring my data from the old account. In the test account the albums were shown in my newly created one not. So I switched back into my old account. The operator promised me that they're going to solve that issue within 24hrs. So I 'm looking forward now to 18 h CET. 

@spotify

Maybe a hint:

I logged off with premium

I created a free account

• Albums were saved!!! And shown!!

Logged off with free account

Logged in with premium

• The bug ist still there (endless loading circle) in album section

My OS is Android (6.0.1) HONOR 5X.

@otra_vez: Thanks for that info; looking forward to that. 🙂

hey guys,

as long as there is no fix for the problem I downgraded to an older version (8.4.89.515), where the album section is working fine (in my case it is). 

You can get it here: https://spotify.de.uptodown.com/android/download/1906214

Same procedure: Delete cache, deinstall and install the older version from the link.

@jules_von_j

Thanks, downgrade works for me too.

But: downgrade isn't a solution at all. The guys from spotify have to deliver a fix or a patch.

We are still waiting ...

If you've downgraded then try changing the albums display to alphabetical order. My guess is thra you should then be able to upgrade again and not have the problem.

Well, I might work. But it won't solve my problem. Artists and Songs are also in alphabetical order . So I would get three more or less similar listings. 

But imgagine, you discover a new band or album for listening later (as I do quite often), and this one and maybe several more disappear stored between hundreds of albums in alphabetical order ... no chance to find them again easily when want to listen it. 

Or simply something new you want to listen more often (as normal when you discover new music you like). When it disappears somewhere in my huge music shelf, I'll forget about it. 

Without the "recently added " filter and now without access to my album list , Spotify is or will get useless for me. 

Marked as solution

I may have an answer!

Do you have albums by !!! or other artists with strange characters in their name?

I just removed Myth Takes by !!!, as suggested in another thread, and then went back to albums and it loaded immediately!

Tried this and now Artists doesn't load and the app crashes!!!

Re-installed Spotify still no sign of albums!! Has anyone tried scrolling down to the bottom of artists library? Instant app crashes.

SPOTIFY THIS NEEDS TO BE SORTED. 

Wow you're right. Just tried myself .It froze and then crashed when I got to Y

Absolutely shocking

Marked as solution

Oh, well done thepest! That does indeed address the problem for me. I do have two albums saved by the artist !!!. As others have pointed out, you can't find out by scrolling to the bottom of the saved artists list because then the app crashes. So, here's how to fix it:

1. In the Android app open saved artists and change the sorting to something other than alphabetical. Or in the desktop app just open saved artists.
  2. Presumably locate any artists with a non-alphabetical character as the first character in their name. In my case, it's just !!!.
  3. Unsave all of the albums you have by them.
  4. Open saved albumns. It works!
  5. Change the sorting of saved albums to something other than alphabetical.
  6. Go back to the albums you've just unsaved, probably by searching for them.
  7. Save them again.
  8. Saved albums still works!

So it seems Spotify have broken sorting for non-alphabetical characters in the Android app. But it can be worked around by removing those saves and/or changing the sorting.

Suggested posts