Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Saving in sd

Solved!

Saving in sd

I cant save my songs in the sd card. It saves in my cellphone and i dont have more space. I dont know where is the option For choose where to save them

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It should be at the bottom of the settings screen as shown here.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Marked as solution

It should be at the bottom of the settings screen as shown here.

its not there for me

Hi Matthew, do u see Storage option ok in Settings? If so when you tap it do you only see Device Storage and is Device Storage ticked? Couple of other quick questions. What Android are you on and is your Sd card used by other Apps (e.g. Photos) and does it have plenty room. Post back this quick stuff and we'll go from there mate.

there is no storage setting, my sd card is practically empty and i am on version 5.1.1 of android

Lollipop can be fiddly with sd card but we'll get it working. Firstly please try updating Spotify to most recent version. Once done log out completely on your device, log back in and look for the option. If that doesn't work go for a reinstall but try the update first and let me know

Silly question, you have Spotify Premium right?

neither work

yeah

Now try Settings/Apps/Spotify/permissions and enable Storage. I'm a bit uncertain how exactly this looks in Android 5. If you get to enable it, power your phone off and back on, log out of Spotify, force stop the app, tap it again and logbook in

apperently my version of android does not allow the access to app permisions

Good point, that came with Marshmallow. Still; the real puzzle is in your Spotify options. When you page down the options, past where it says Support, do you get to see Other? If so what is the first option under Other. Is it Delete Cache and Saved Data? 

yes

Are u able to access a file manager and see if android/data on sdcard1 has a subfolder called com.spotify.music please? Also are there subfolder beneath it? If so delete cache and Saved Data (big step, up to you :)) and log out and back in. Look for the Storage option. Let me know

it isnt working but thanks anyway

Aww Matthew, sorry we had no success, have a look at search posts which might help, best wishes.

Before you give up, try this.

1. Eject and remove the SD card
  2. Reinstall spotify following all the steps here
  3. Insert the SD card
  4. Check that there is at least 1GB more space on your SD card than in internal storage. Delete some stuff from the SD card, if necessary.
  5. Download a couple of songs at extreme quality
  6. Use a file manager to check that spotify has created a folder "com.spotify.music" in the android/data folder on your SD card. If it has, your music will be stored there.

If these steps don't work, please post details of your device as there are known issues with some android devices for which there is a workaround.

Suggested posts