Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S8+

Operating System

Oreo

My Question or Issue

Suddenly when I connect to BT on my aftermarket Sony car stereo, the song screen (artwork and ability to swipe to next/prev song) changes to some screen without artwork and swipe ability. I cant even move the bar to a later part of a song. The minute I disco BT and hit back then go back to the song screen I get the artwork back. What can I do to get the normal screen so I can swipe and have other functionality?

Screenshot_20180716-190843_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20180716-190824_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I did find the solution though. We have to trick the app by renaming the car bluetooth on the phone. I renamed my car stereo to the same as my headset.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @Clchase80, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. If you haven't already given it a try, go ahead and try a clean reinstall to see if this makes a difference.

Let us know how it goes.

Marked as solution

I did find the solution though. We have to trick the app by renaming the car bluetooth on the phone. I renamed my car stereo to the same as my headset.

Hey @Clchase80.

Thanks for sending this info our way. We're glad to hear this fixed this inconvenience for you, and we'll pass it on to the right team.

Fingers crossed a smoother fix will come in the future, as the right team is looking into it.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I actually happened to have my headset connected to my phone at the same time that the phone was connected to the car stereo. It seems that was actually the fix and changing the name had nothing to do with it.

Hey @Clchase80.

Good to know you got it sorted. Hopefully a better fix will be available in the future.

Keep in mind you can always reach out to us here or through here.

Have an awesome day 🙂

Suggested posts