Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My Library Disappeared and I cant find it

PlanFree/PremiumCountry United StatesDeviceLG Tribute HDOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue My Spotify updated and I can't find my library anymore. I can look through playlists and my daily mix but there is no...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  United States Device LG Tribute HD Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  My Spotify updated and I c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My app doesn't have the updated ui

So I'm pulling my hair out trying to get my spotify to look like the updated ui but even when i update it still looks like the old spotify how can i get mine to look like the newer version where the album art covers the whole screen and you can heart...

• So I'm pulling my hair out trying to get my spotify to look like the updated ui but even when i update it still looks like the old spotify how can i get mine to look like the newer version where the ...
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Don‘t play anything

PlanFamilyCountry AustriaDeviceSpoiler (Highlight to read) Chiligreen Tablet (Android) My Question or IssueIt doesn‘t play any song when I press the play button or a song or a playlist.It works on my mobile phone but not on my tablet.The mistake can‘...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Family Country  Austria Device   Chiligreen Tablet (Android)   My Question or Issue It doesn‘t play any song when I press the play button or a song or a playlist....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with downloaded music

Plan - PremiumCountry - Ireland Device - Android Tablet, with Adnroid 6. My Question or Issue I have installed Tabblet into my car, and installed Spotify on it. So i have downloaded some music after i have switch Offline mode, and every time i turn o...

• Plan - Premium Country - Ireland   Device - Android Tablet, with Adnroid 6.     My Question or Issue   I have installed Tabblet into my car, and installed Spotify on it. S...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist search not working

PlanPremiumCountry EnglandDeviceSamsungOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Hi, When I search for a song in my playlist and click to play it, it just plays the song at the top of my playlist instead? ThanksJ

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  England Device Samsung Operating System Android   My Question or Issue   Hi,   When I search for a song in my playlist and click to play it, it ...
  • FujimoraPantsu
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can Loop and Shuffle be on by default?

PlanPremiumCountry PhilippinesDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueIs there a way to have the shuffle and loop on be default? Whenever I pick a song from a different album/playlist, the shuffle and album loop tu...

• Plan Premium Country  Philippines Device Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Is there a way to have the shuffle and loop on be default? When...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Bug: Podcast playback using bluetooth controls

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceSamsung Galaxy s8Operating SystemLatest Android, whatever that is on s8 My Question or Issue When you play a podcast with a bluetooth connection (earbuds, car system) and press pause on the earbud or car-controls. The pl...

• Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Samsung Galaxy s8 Operating System Latest Android, whatever that is on s8   My Question or Issue   When you play a podcast with a bluetooth con...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android 7.0] Fluctuating volume

PlanPremiumDeviceHuawei P10 liteOperating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or Issue The volume drastically goes up and down while listening to music with headphones. The actual volume does not appear to change on screen but I can clearly hear the differ...

• Plan Premium Device Huawei P10 lite Operating System Android 7.0  My Question or Issue  The volume drastically goes up and down while listening to music with headphones. The actual v...
  • e114-bkork_hi
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

I updated my spotify app and now my library is replaced with favorites.

So recently updated my spotify app on android. Everything looks fine, expect the library of songs got replaced with favorites. So that means i cant look up what song i have in my library. Also if i shuffe the favorites, it dosent really shuffle the s...

• Roadie
  • So recently updated my spotify app on android. Everything looks fine, expect the library of songs got replaced with favorites. So that means i cant look up what song i have in my library. Also if i s...
  • Miagrace1011
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes

Why I can't change the timeline of the local files synced with my phone?

PlanPremium CountryBrazil DeviceGalaxy A9 Operating SystemAndroid 6.0.1 My Question or IssueI can't choose wich part of the timeline of the song I wanna hear, when I click on the timeline the song just restart from 0m00s.Happens only with the songs t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country Brazil   Device Galaxy A9   Operating System Android 6.0.1   My Question or Issue I can't choose wich part of the timeline of the song I wanna ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android auto repeating requested song at random

PlanPREMIUM familyCountry usaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9+Operating SystemAndroid 9.0 My Question or Issue Basically whenever I ask Google to play a song.... it will play the song and then move on to the next... sometimes maybe even a few. But then it wil...

• Plan PREMIUM family Country  usa Device Samsung Galaxy S9+ Operating System Android 9.0   My Question or Issue   Basically whenever I ask Google to play a song.... it will p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Low volume on Android app

The sound is incredibly quiet in the Android app. I have to put the volume at 100% if I want to get the same volume I'd get playing the same song at 60% volume in Google Play or my phone's native music app. Is there a fix for this? I find it disappoi...

• The sound is incredibly quiet in the Android app. I have to put the volume at 100% if I want to get the same volume I'd get playing the same song at 60% volume in Google Play or my phone's native mus...
  • s7hourbreakdown
  • 59 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 12 likes

Playlist folders not loading.

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceLG Stylo 2Operating SystemAndroid 5.1.1 My Question or Issue I have a lot of playlist folders. Inside those folders contain a lot of playlists. Each playlist usually has an album in them. However, recently these ...

• Plan Premium Country  United States Device LG Stylo 2 Operating System Android 5.1.1   My Question or Issue  I have a lot of playlist folders. Inside those folders contain a ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Musica trava com 1 segundo e depois volta.

Sempre que coloco uma musica no smartphone (Moto Z2 Force, Android Oreo) e ela chega no primeiro segundo acaba dando uma travada e depois volta, reparei que em pouquissimas musicas isso nao ocorre mas e uma entre mil praticamente. Chegou no 1 segundo...

• Visitor
  • Sempre que coloco uma musica no smartphone (Moto Z2 Force, Android Oreo) e ela chega no primeiro segundo acaba dando uma travada e depois volta, reparei que em pouquissimas musicas isso nao ocorre ma...
  • viniciusramsal
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes

"Favorite songs" Playlist

My Question or IssueHi everyone!Okay so I have an android (Galaxy S7 Edge), and recently the spotify app updated and it messed up all of the saved songs that I had on my favorites playlist. About half of the songs that I originally had in there are g...

• My Question or Issue Hi everyone! Okay so I have an android (Galaxy S7 Edge), and recently the spotify app updated and it messed up all of the saved songs that I had on my favorites playlist. About...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Offline songs repeat even on shuffle

PlPremiumOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueI have downloaded a playlist on my android tablet. When I select shuffle all it does shuffle the songs from the playlist, but when it reaches the last song of the queue returns from start and ...

• Casual Listener
  • Pl Premium Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue I have downloaded a playlist on my android tablet. When I select shuffle all it does shuffle the songs from the playlis...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

NFC Specific Playlist

Dear community, I'm currently trying to work with NFC tags to open spotify and start playing a specific playlist.It starts up Spotify, it goes to the next song but it plays from the current playlist and does not re-direct to the playlist I want it to...

• Dear community,   I'm currently trying to work with NFC tags to open spotify and start playing a specific playlist. It starts up Spotify, it goes to the next song but it plays from the curren...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs being deleted every time the app updates

PlanPremiumCountryBrazil DeviceMotorola Moto g 5Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or IssueMy songs are completely erased from the app whenever the, they are out of the application but still take up space on the device, can anyone help me? Does ...

•   Plan Premium Country Brazil   Device Motorola Moto g 5 Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue My songs are completely erased from the app whenever the, they ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Geen Facebook en vrienden meer

Ik krijg geen activiteiten meer te zien van vrienden. Als ik in het menu naar Instellingen > Sociaal ga staat er geen optie voor Facebook er niet meer in. Dit is zowel op mijn Chromebook (Android) als op mijn iPhone (iOS). PlanFree Country Nederland ...

• Casual Listener
  • Ik krijg geen activiteiten meer te zien van vrienden. Als ik in het menu naar Instellingen > Sociaal ga staat er geen optie voor Facebook er niet meer in. Dit is zowel op mijn Chromebook (Android)...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

downloaded music category

PlanFree/PremiumCountry ArgentinaDeviceDesktopOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHola, me resulta difícil encontrar en la aplicación de escritorio y móvil la categoría que muestr sólo la música descargada. Si ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  Argentina Device Desktop Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hola, me resulta difícil encontrar en la a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes