Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Shuffle stops after choosing a song

This didn't used to be a problem. If I have my music on shuffle but decide to choose a specific song to listen to, the shuffle function is then cancelled and my music begins playing in order. I couldn't find any settings to change this, so how do I p...

• Music Fan
  • This didn't used to be a problem. If I have my music on shuffle but decide to choose a specific song to listen to, the shuffle function is then cancelled and my music begins playing in order. I could...
  • Roosn92
  • Casual Listener
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist not sorting as it does on Desktop

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceSamsung Galaxy 7Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue Hi,On my Desktop app, when I sort my playlist by Artist, it lists the artists alphabetically, followed by their albums alphabetically, and all albums list th...

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device Samsung Galaxy 7 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  Hi, On my Desktop app, when I sort my playlist by Artist, it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app and mobile web player not working on android

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDevice(Samsung Galaxy s7)My Question or IssueI've been a premium user for a couple years now, and I've really loved the app. However, recently the app has been instantly crashing every time I open it. It doesn't even l...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device (Samsung Galaxy s7) My Question or Issue I've been a premium user for a couple years now, and I've really loved the app. However, recently the a...
  • star_platinum
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify claims I'm offline when on WiFi, works fine on 4G

PlanPremiumCountry SpainDeviceHuawei p10 plisOperating System Android 8.0My Question or Issue Hi!I've tried many things, including torubleshooting and cleaning cache/reinstalling, but nothing has worked and I think it is quite the opposite of the mos...

• Plan Premium Country  Spain Device Huawei p10 plis Operating System  Android 8.0 My Question or Issue   Hi! I've tried many things, including torubleshooting and cleaning ca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify dosn't work with Android auto

Why Spotify has randomly stopped working with Android auto? "Spotify doesn't seem to be working at the moment". Any ideas?

• Why Spotify has randomly stopped working with Android auto? "Spotify doesn't seem to be working at the moment". Any ideas?
  • iznma_5g4-ozm
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Searching within a playlist no longer restricts the song queue to that search

So say I wanted to listen to Ludacris, but only his songs that are on my rap playlist. So I'd simply search his name in the search bar at the top of the playlist and shuffle play from there. Now when I do it, it shows only his songs like before but a...

• Casual Listener
  • So say I wanted to listen to Ludacris, but only his songs that are on my rap playlist. So I'd simply search his name in the search bar at the top of the playlist and shuffle play from there. Now when...
  • Ashleigh7
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists are deleted

PlanPremiumCountry AegentinaDevice(Moto G4)Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 Nougat My Question or IssueSometimes my playlists are deleted automatically but they still are in the storage. I have to delete Spotify data and log in again for don't having wast...

• Plan Premium Country  Aegentina Device (Moto G4) Operating System Android 7.0 Nougat   My Question or Issue Sometimes my playlists are deleted automatically but they still are in ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile app crashing on restart to a local files playlist

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceGoogle Pixel 2 XLOperating SystemAndroid 8.1.0 The issue is as follows: I have a playlist created exclusively with local files on my laptop which I then synchronise with the mobile app and download for offline listening....

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device Google Pixel 2 XL Operating System Android 8.1.0   The issue is as follows: I have a playlist created exclusively with local files on my laptop which ...
  • SiegfriedBG
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Pixel 2 update broke the app

After updating my phone the Spotify app broke. Wouldn't start. I reinstalled and it worked for a few days but now it's broken again.

• After updating my phone the Spotify app broke. Wouldn't start. I reinstalled and it worked for a few days but now it's broken again.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Disable NOTIFICATIONS from other user devices

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceLG Android smartphonesOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Hi, I share Spotify Premium account with a friend. When he plays a song on his phone it shows up as a notfication on my phone as showed in the attached pictur...

• Plan Premium Country   Device LG Android smartphones Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  Hi, I share Spotify Premium account with a friend. When he plays a song ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

how do i disable data saver

Hello I'm using a Samsung galaxy S4 mini with android version 4.4.4I want to increase the streaming quality but it is stuck on "low" and cannot change until I "disable data saving" I've spent the past few hours trying to find any form of data saver a...

• Hello I'm using a Samsung galaxy S4 mini with android version 4.4.4 I want to increase the streaming quality but it is stuck on "low" and cannot change until I "disable data saving" I've spent the p...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

'We added' in playlists

Hey so my problem is whenever i make a playlist spotify adds some extra songs and titles it 'we added', i want my playlists to be perfect but spotify ruins them by adding 'similar' songs and i don't know how to delete the songs they added. I would re...

• Hey so my problem is whenever i make a playlist spotify adds some extra songs and titles it 'we added', i want my playlists to be perfect but spotify ruins them by adding 'similar' songs and i don't ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify new design

Hello! When is the new design announced on April 25th arriving to Android? Thank you!

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   When is the new design announced on April 25th arriving to Android?   Thank you!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to shuffle playlist

I have a Galaxy S6 and the app no longer shuffles songs there is only a play button at the top of the playlist how do I get to playlist to shuffle is listening to the same songs over and over every time I start a playlist is starting to get on my ner...

• I have a Galaxy S6 and the app no longer shuffles songs there is only a play button at the top of the playlist how do I get to playlist to shuffle is listening to the same songs over and over every t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Open Letter to Spotify Devs

Dear Spotify Development Team, Please fix your garbage app for Android so I don't have to keep re-downloading the app and saved music onto all of my devices every week because of some arbitrary blank screen after opening the app, signifying that it h...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear Spotify Development Team,   Please fix your garbage app for Android so I don't have to keep re-downloading the app and saved music onto all of my devices every week because of some arbitr...
  • Yourrid
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

premium android

im not a free user and paying my bills regularly. plese help. how many times will i remove all my offline devices just to use it offline? cant even use it even if i remove and sign out all my devices.

• im not a free user and paying my bills regularly. plese help. how many times will i remove all my offline devices just to use it offline? cant even use it even if i remove and sign out all my devices.
  • fadedmofo
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuck on album

Plan/PremiumCountry AusDeviceHtc 10Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Only playing one album, nothing else plays properly as in i hear it, but nothing says its playing.

• Plan /Premium Country  Aus Device Htc 10 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   Only playing one album, nothing else plays pro...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

App keeps crashing on startup

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceSamsung Galaxy S7 Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueStarting today the app keeps crashing, resetting helped for a single usage session, then crashing ("restarting") started reoccurring.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country UK   Device Samsung Galaxy S7   Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Starting today the app keeps crashing, resetting help...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

A few problems since I got premium

Hey. I use a Sony xperia XA2 with newest available Android and Spotify version. A few weeks ago I got premium.First, everything was fine, but since a few days I have some problems. The first one was, that after I downloaded playlists or albums they g...

• Hey.  I use a Sony xperia XA2 with newest available Android and Spotify version.  A few weeks ago I got premium. First, everything was fine, but since a few days I have some problems.&nb...
  • TechManiac
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle incorrect behaviour in playlist

PlanPremiumCountry Australia DeviceNexus 6p Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.1 My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Australia  Device Nexus 6p  Operating System Android 8.0.1    My Question or Issue  
  • Whatswong
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes