Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect, play queue UI not updating

Spotify connect, play queue UI not updating

Android device, One Plus 5. Start a playlist on Spotify Connect. Go to "Play Queue" and navigate using "next" and "previous" buttons: The music track is changed accordingly, but the UI is not updating; the queue is visually not updated to reflect what track is now playing.

The above works correcty on Spotify app for Windows.

2 Replies

Hi, thanks for your post. Does this happen every time you use the Android app with your Connect enabled device? I've run into a similar issue on a Samsung Galaxy S8, but it only occurs on occasion, and it's normally resolved it by clearing the Spotify app from my recent apps list or force quitting it and re-opening it. Methods to do this may vary from device to device, but from what I can gather it appears the One Plus 5 does offer a similar option to close an app that is running in the background, so that would be the first thing I would try.

Update: I just tested this with my own play queue and think I see exactly what you are referring to now. It seems that if I use the previous or next buttons with the play queue open it doesn't refresh until I exit the queue and return to it. Does your queue also update when you close and re-open it?

The solution I mentioned above is more of an app wide fix that should work if the main player controls/now playing aren't accurately displaying the current track, but it doesn't seem like there is a workaround for the queue itself at the moment aside from closing and re-opening it.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Brett,

Yes, my queue is updated upon exit and re-entry. Thank you for verifying that I'm not only one with this (somewhat) minor issue.

Suggested posts