Family Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

Nokia 7 Plus

Operating System

Android Oreo 8.1

My Question or Issue

I have Sesame Universal Search app currently installed, and it supports integration with Spotify app, like allowing it to search for albums and artists and tracks etc. It only needs a permission. But whenever I try to ask for permission, the Spotify app will just *try* to launch by like 2 seconds (showing a 'loading' icon and text) and then nothing. Already did reboot etc. Also made sure wifi is on and no locks or restrictions of any kind. 

I already contacted the team behind Sesame and they told me it's the first time that they hear about this, so here I am contacting you.

Would appreciate a generous, detailed reply. Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed.

As the Sesame Universal Search is a third party app that uses the Spotify API to work, it's not directly supported by Spotify. In this case, you'll need to reach back to the developers for more information and troubleshooting.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed.

As the Sesame Universal Search is a third party app that uses the Spotify API to work, it's not directly supported by Spotify. In this case, you'll need to reach back to the developers for more information and troubleshooting.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts