Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android app constantly thinks it's offline.

Android app constantly thinks it's offline.

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Samsung Note 8

Operating System

Android Version: 8.0.0

Spotify Version: 8.4.63.584 armV7

My Question or Issue

My Spotify App is seemingly unable to stay connected to the internet.

Steps tried to fix issue:

I've uninstalled the Spotify App after clearing all data (And checking for any remaining files using a File Manager app). Removed my saved account using the website before reinstalling and logging back into the app. 

This solved my issue for around 24 hours before it started happening again.

Even though the app is telling me that it is offline due to a lack of internet connection, I can still access playlists that I have recently used but not downloaded for offline play. Song art still loads perfectly fine. Sometimes I can access Artist/Albums using the triple dot menu buttons (but not all of the time). 

This is a really big issue for me using the app. Since I pay for Youtube Red this issue is legitimately pushing me to move my music listening over to Google Music. I'd love to stay with Spotify but sadly if I can't have a functioning mobile app it's really hard to justify not making the switch. 

3 Replies

Hello Pearlsam!

Thanks for contacting the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with Spotify but I'll try to help you. There are several steps you can follow:

1. It might seem pretty obvious but you should make sure "offline mode" isn't on by clicking in settings.

2. Log out of you're account and log in again.

3. Uninstall the app and download it again.

4. Reset your device and try it again.

5. Reset your internet connection and make sure it works properly.

If none of this options work you should contact Spotify. I really hope to help you.

Feel free to write back and let me know if it worked, Jose.

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Sadly I've tried all the steps you suggested (Except contacting Spotify through the link) and none have worked.

Hello @Pearlsam!

Sorry to hear it's still not working!

Can you let me know:

- Does the same thing happen on the web player, or a different device?

- Do your account's country settings match your current location? It's worth checking this out, just in case.

- Also, are you using a VPN? If so it's possible this could be interfering with things.

Keep me posted

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts