Samsung Galaxy S7
Android Oreo (8.0) (Samsung official Nordic ROM, no root or customs)
My Question or Issue
The Spotify app has been behaving badly for some time now, having issues such as:
1. Overlapping playlist with the main view where the main view stays scrollable (image attached).
2. Ignoring the new music player widget in the lock screen, shows an old song and doesn't change.
3. Sometimes unexpectedly stopping playback at some point, usually after few tracks have played. Usually this is related to the point 2, when I see it ignoring the widget it'll usually do this as well.
4. Sometimes playback doesn't stop when you pull out the earbud plug, it will continue to play through the speaker. I remember this at least once being related to section 2 as well.
5. Sometimes I get notified that Spotify is using a lot of battery.
Reinstalling, clearing the app cache, factory resetting the device resolve them for a short amount of time, until it starts behaving badly again. Sometimes they all come at the same time, sometimes not.
I recall these issues stated after the Oreo update.