Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Screen saver mobile phone player navigator

Solved!

Screen saver mobile phone player navigator

I want to be able to control spotify from screen saver with out having to swipe away the screen saver to access spotify.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@the_eklunds wrote:
I want to be able to control spotify from screen saver with out having to swipe away the screen saver to access spotify.

Sorry, sorry. Mis-read your post 😉

Do you mean lockscreen controls? They are here:

screen.png

I think that is what you were talking about.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Marked as solution

@the_eklunds wrote:

Sorry, sorry. Mis-read your post 😉

Do you mean lockscreen controls? They are here:

screen.png

I think that is what you were talking about.

Well the built in mediaplayer does that and Winamp as well (Android 4.0). That way I'm wonder...

Post edited, sorry!

(You'll have to wait for the image to be approved)

Alright, that's the function I'm looking for! How do I activate it? I don't use lockscreen with PIN code as in your pic example, could that be the issue? Thank's for the quick reply!

It only works on some devices that allow apps to use that API 😞

Try this though:

1. Delete spotify app data in manage apps 🙂

I cleared the app data under Configuration/Application/Spotify ... no success :-( The Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S2 upgraded to the latest Android 4.0 and the latest Spotify version. But if the function all ready exist then I think this is the wrong forum to continue this issue I experince. I appreciate a lot all help I got from you... 🙂 Best regards Peter

Thanks I am using an S2 with a custom ROM.

Hi again, To get it to work a needed to activate the PIN functionality also. After that the Spotify Controls showed up. Is it a bug or feature? /P

This could be an Android bug. Let me see if disabling screen lock disabled the controls...

Just looked, and for some reason my JB rom doesn't display a lockscreen at all when I don't have a PIN.

I think you may need the pin. It is called the lockscreen 😉

But it could, yet again, be a bug.

If it's a bugg will this information be passed on to the devlopment guys or must I see to it?

The dev team know that it doesn't work on some devices. I don't know if they are doing anything to solve it though.

It only works with the standard lockscreen(s). It will be impossible to support every lockscreen for every device out there. Instead device manufacturers should use the normal lockscreen API. This means to get it to work you have to select either Pin, Password, or Pattern, in the security settings. If it doesn't appear than, it either means your not using android 4.0 or you have to reset the appdata.

@Sannie01 wrote:

It only works with the standard lockscreen(s). It will be impossible to support every lockscreen for every device out there. Instead device manufacturers should use the normal lockscreen API. This means to get it to work you have to select either Pin, Password, or Pattern, in the security settings. If it doesn't appear than, it either means your not using android 4.0 or you have to reset the appdata.

Yup. Some device manufacturers change the Android OS so much they make new API's and everything.

Suggested posts