Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search Function not working properly

Search Function not working properly

My playlist consist of 600 songs, and sometimes I dont want to listen to the whole playlist but rather specific artists. Using the search function I used to be able to search for certain artists and their songs in the playlist and only listen to their songs. But starting recently I havent been able to isolate artists songs using the search function. If I press shuffle it starts including other artists into the queue rather than the one artist I want to listen to. It works properly if i dont shuffle, but I want to be able to randomize the songs. Is there anyway to solve this? Im on an S7 Edge

5 Replies

Just adding on to my first post, I have tried reinstalling, deleting cache, and everything else but nothing has changed.

Hey @Matsuha, welcome to the Community.

Sorry for the delay! Hope you are having a great day!

It seems a great idea. You should submit it in Idea Submissions board or support it if it has already been reported.

Since you are just searching for an artist on that playlist, using Shuffle will just shuffle songs on that playlist, because your search didn't do anything. It is just a filter to help you find what you want. 

Hope I was able to help. If you need help, just give me a shout 😉

Have a nice day 🙂

But why not keep it as it was? I have the same issue but now it seems that it's a ''feature'' lol.

Now I have to make a lot of different playlist for different bands, when before I could just search for the band in the playlist filter and listen to that specific band. How is this an improvement? 

The Advanced Search feature is broken, or completely killed. Hopefully it's just broken, because it's a great way to use search.

Has Spotify not fixed this yet??? I am switching away from iTunes, and this was one of the core functionalities I used over and over again with that application. From a programming standpoint, it should be extremely easy to only play songs from the filtered results. Can anybody at Spotify say what the issue is?

Suggested posts