Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'Share' option not working on Pixel 2 XL

'Share' option not working on Pixel 2 XL

Plan

Premium

Country

GB

Device

Pixel 2 XL

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

When listening to a song, if I select the 'Share' option, it blacks out, pauses the song and takes me to the settings screen. Tried rebooting, killing the app, re-installing it but still nothing.

12 Replies

Hey @harryskiff! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I'm sorry, that the feature isn't working properly.

Please note that Spotify's working into it and an update should be out to fix it soon ^^

Peace

Thanks Nico!

The same goes for my Pixel 2 (non-XL) with Android 9

Hi, Nico, the same behavior occurs with my Moto Z2 Force, Android 8.0.0, family plan.

Even clearing cache won't work.

I have the same issue! Trying to share again the app just quits/crashes. OnePlus 6 here with Oreo 8.1

Same here. 

Started on Monday, no share, blackout, stop music, back to library or playlist screen. 

OnePlus 5

Android 8.1

Brazil 

Family plan

Spotify 8.4.67.886 arm v7

Same thing for me, Pixel 2 not XL, Seems to have started after updating to the latest version of Android.

Same trouble on Galaxy S9 

Screenshot_20180823-210322_Outlook.jpg

Same with OnePlus 6

Android 8.1

I'm having the same issue with sharing any music or podcast.  This happens with eitger sharing via the menu buttons or the share icon.

Samsung Galaxy 8

Android 8.0

Premium user

United States

There is a "Me Too" button. Please use it instead of posting "Me too" without any other helpful information.

In my case (Pixel XL) the workaround from another thread helped: Just uninstall Facebook messenger. If you need it, use the "Lite" version.

Hey! @Windy @harryskiff @MartyED @BrunoThedoor @Alyet

Be sure to check this ongoing issues thread out for more details about this issue. 🙂

Peace

Suggested posts