Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shared links doesn't work whatsapp android

Shared links doesn't work whatsapp android

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

6 Replies

I have made a short screen recording but it exceeds the 5MB permitted. How can I show my situation 

Hi there @ElChinoHdz,

Thanks for reaching out. There's a video attached to your comment and it illustrates the behaviour quite well, thanks 🙂 Does this happen on all devices or only on this one? If you haven't tested on other devices, please do so. Test in different networks as well. Since when is this happening? 

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello. I have the same problem and it is really frustrating. I have premium plan, Samsung galaxy S22 Ultra, made a clean reinstall of Spotify, have all the updates done on WhatsApp, android version 13, One UI version 5.0. 

I have no problem when I click the links from WhatsApp web on my pc but they never work on phone. 

Hey @Tisha7,

Thanks for posting in the Community and kudos for the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Can you please also make sure that Spotify is set as an exception in any memory- or battery-optimizing services on your Samsung phone? You can use the steps here.

Let us know if that helps.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Free

Country

Germany

Device

(PC)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Whenever I try to open a Spotify link on WhatsApp, it automatically opens in my web  browser instead of my Spotify app and aks me to log in (althogh I am logged in with my app). How can I change this behaviour in order to open links directly within the app?

Same for me, shared link just opens up Spotify home page

Suggested posts